The triplets are 4 months old (as of May 22nd)!
Wowsers!!
This update is going to be quick and somewhat scattered probably - I told myself I had to post something today - the days just go so quick - I don't want to get too far behind!
Cooper - 15 lbs. 13 ounces, 25 in. long
The mischievous one - Josh and I swear he loves watching his brother's cry.
He's always observing.
He's the new 'angel baby' and seems to be the most content most often.
He naps well.
He loves watching TV. Seriously loves it.
He can hold a rattle if you put it in his hand.
Loves the play mat now.
Likes soft kisses on his cheeks.
Tucker - 15 lbs. 12 ounces, 25 in. long
The jokester of the bunch - he's always flashing smiles and giggling at people.
He is also the demanding one - no longer the angel baby - his cry is the loudest. There is no soft cry from Tucker...he's either happy, or SUPER angry immediately.
He finally rolled over belly to back this last month! He's only done it once.
He's the slowest eater - get's distracted easily - doesn't always finish his bottles.
He can hold a rattle if you put it in his hand.
He's not as chubby looking anymore - Madison now calls him "skinny Meatball."
He's very ticklish. So fun!
Carter - 16 lbs. 6 ounces, 25 in. long
The tough guy - seems the 'sturdiest' of the three.
He can hold and shake a rattle if you help him put it in his hand.
He has two bottom teeth dotting through!!! I can't believe it!
He likes to stick out his tongue.
He is the fastest eater - downs his bottle in no time, every time. lol. Probably why he's the biggest now!
Josh says that Carter is his favorite. :-)
He loves smiling to get your attention.
Their 4 month appointment and vaccinations went well. Cooper and Carter are being referred to a plastic surgeon to be assessed for helmets due to their flat spots. Their appointment isn't until the end of July...so...
We go back to IA City this Friday for an appointment with the neonatologists for a developmental check.
I'm still squeezing all of them into size 1 diapers - but we'll move to size two soon. They are all in size 6 month clothes.
They all like jabbering and 'talking.' They love it when you sing 'Itsy Bitsy" and "Pat-A-Cake" the most. They have definitely figured out they like being held...and that crying gets them attention. lol. They enjoy being entertained. They all love Madison so much! They are still mesmerized by her every move and noise.
They are napping twice a day. They take their last bottle around 8:15pm and sleep from then until 8am or so. Usually one or two wake randomly between 4 and 6am, but I just rock them, and put them back in their cribs.
They are all drinking about 27-29 ounces a day (18 ounces a day of breast milk). They eat 4 times a day - I do not feed them during the night anymore. My newest goal is to continue to pump breast milk for them until 6 months - and then I'll re-evaluate.
We've finally started going out and about more. We've gone to the park a couple times for M to play, we went to the mall once for pictures with Grandma Tracy, we went to a baby shower at a friend's house, and we all (all 6 of us) went to Walmart and to Target for groceries!
I also attempted Stroller Strides one day (I wore one and took the other two in the BOB double, and M rode in a friend's stroller).
Going out is a lot of work...BUT, I finally realized it will ALWAYS be a lot of work. I'm happier actually getting out and about more. Just have to embrace the life that is ours! :-)
They are all still fussy from 6pm-8pm, so we appreciate help from our family and friends during this time. Josh has gone out of town for work twice in May...I can't begin to tell you how thankful we've been for all the continued help and support from friends and family. Our babies would not be as happy as they are (and I would not be either) without our family and friends always helping with smiles on their faces. We love you all!
One of these days I'll have to document my day again - so you can all see the craziness!
And, a couple funny out-takes.
Tucker says, "Seriously, MOM! Are we done yet?!?!?!"
And...I took a million pics of them before I realized I had them in the wrong order. Oops! lol!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment