It all started with a great lunch with our very good friend, Tara, at P.F. Chang's (SO good...I've been craving their crab wontons for forever!) in Des Moines. Baby Smyser received her first giraffe! (In case you didn't know, I used to collect giraffes!) Thanks, Tara!!!
After lunch, of course we had to check out Jordan Creek, and a cute little store called Crazy 8. Here is the first official outfit I bought for her. Yes, it's pink. And yes, even I couldn't resist!
On the way home, Josh decided we should stop at the outlet mall and check out Carter's. I held this up and said, "Josh, should we get this?" Josh responded, "Uh, yes...definitely."
Josh also picked out this outfit for Baby Smyser on his own. We were just wandering the store and he brought this to me and said he like it. What do you think? I'm not saying it's something I would have picked out...but, since Josh chose it, I decided to go with it. It's a onesie, and little skirt just goes over it. We have such opposite tastes for this little baby. I generally do not like the combo of brown and pink, and while the one flower is cute...the flowery skirt (what he liked best!) is a bit much for me. Oh well...I guess our opposite tastes are a good thing because if I don't particularly like something for Baby Smyser, I can almost guarantee Josh will love it! Ha! So, everyone wins in the end!
Who knows...maybe this will end up being her "going home" outfit?!
Gosh, I love that giraffe! Whoever picked that out has awesome taste!!!
ReplyDeleteThe giraffe is very cute! They love chewing on it and it makes squeaking sounds.. The outfit with flowers is cute, alot of flowers (josh) but cute..! I think she is going to need a premie size.. all those 0-3 and newborn sizes are big for coming home outfits
ReplyDelete