7.16.2012

Water Park Fun

Last Saturday Josh, Madison, and I headed to the Aquatic Center at Weed Park in Muscatine, IA. We have been enjoying the pool this HOT HOT summer as much as we can, and I am glad we got a summer membership. 

However, Saturday was special because it was Madison's first experience with the water slides, and Grandma Tracy and Jeff also joined us.

M's always been a bit hesitant around the water and usually doesn't like getting splashed...but she is slowly getting used to it, and I'm SO happy for her! Anyways, I only had my phone, but I was able to capture a few decent pictures.

We started with the smallest family slide.

 Daddy and M getting ready!

A bit shocked her first time entering the water.

But there were never tears...only smiles from then on!

Grandma and M. 

Mama and M.

Then, we decided to let her try one of the big slides with Daddy! And by 'we' I mean, Josh and Tracy convinced me she'd be ok, and I had a hundred mini heart attacks watching her slide down the first time.

She LOVED the slides. She said 'weeeee' all the way down (so I'm told). I was too chicken to take her down the blue one ever. 

So much fun with Daddy!

She continued to go down the family slide and blue slide with Daddy and Grandma. After a while, she began to point to the two drop slides that drop you into the deep end. What a a little dare-devil! We actually decided to leave once she started requesting to try those because I knew a tantrum was probably coming since she was very insistent on wanting to try those! I hope she knows she doesn't get to try those for a LONG time!!! Geez! Slow down, baby girl!

Before we left she had some fun with the little water spray area (which she normally hates). 

She liked stepping on the little area the water was spraying from.

It takes a lot of coordination for a little girl!

Oh uh...water on her face!

It was a super fun afternoon...and we can't wait to go there again! (And I'm hoping that after a summer of water park fun...she'll finally stop crying during her bath time when I have to wash her hair! My fingers are crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment