8.05.2013

The Announcement

And this is why I haven't blogged in 2 months:
Since discovering I'm pregnant, every second not spent caring for M, or completing minimal house work/errands and TNT office work is now spent sleeping/resting or eating. LOL! I go to bed at 9 or 10pm and drag myself out of bed at 8:30am.

Here's Our Story So Far:
Barely pregnant at 5.5 weeks we went in for an ultrasound due to some light spotting.
Ultrasound Tech: "Are you on fertility drugs?"
Me: No.
Ultrasound Tech: "Oh. Well...I want to let you know that I definitely see fraternal twins."
Me and Josh: **Silence**

After the ultrasound here's what happened:
Midwife: "Did the ultrasound tech. talk to you much about the pictures?"
Me: "Um yeah...she showed us the two sacs and the two yolks. She said she saw everything she'd expect to see at this stage. (Dang..I thought to myself...I'm getting quizzed about it?!!!!)
Midwife: Ok. Well...I want to tell you that you may actually be carrying triplets. There could be a second yolk in one of the sacs. You'd have identical twins and a fraternal triplet. it's still early. But, I'm fairly confident it's triplets.
Me: (In my head. WTF?!?! WTF?! - sorry...but that's the truth.)
Midwife: We'll have you back in a week and a half for another ultrasound.

I remember that Josh laughed and thought it was kinda funny. JERK. Of course he thinks it's funny...it's not his body with all this responsibility!

We left the office feeling happy, confused, and scared (I was anyways!)

All kidding aside. Of course we are thrilled with these tiny miracles. Thrilled (and TERRIFIED)!

I didn't really sleep at all until our next ultrasound. My mind was always racing with the thought of twins or triplets.

At 7 weeks our ultrasound confirmed triplets and we saw our three tiny miracles with heartbeats.

At 8 weeks the babies (I can't believe that's plural) were still growing on track with strong heartbeats.

At 10 weeks another ultrasound still showedthree little babies and three little heartbeats.

I go for my 12 week appointment this week.

I think it took a good month for me to come out of my denial and accept the fact that I was going to be a mother of 4. FOUR. F-O-U-R children. Whew! It's still hard for me to even type that. LOL!

Some quick FAQs:
Q: How are you feeling?
A: Ok. Weeks 6-8 were terrible. Things got a bit better after 8 weeks, but I still have bad days here and there. I'm usually tired. I find myself eating every couple hours...but it's been hard since nothing usually sounds good or tastes good once I start eating. I don't even have an appetite for ice cream...and that seriously makes me sad. LOL! All in all, I'm surviving though!

Q: Was it natural? Do multiples run in the family?
A: Our triplets were completely spontaneous and natural. I did ovulate two eggs that were both fertilized and one split into twins. They told me that runs on the mother's side...and since I'm adopted I have no clue if there are multiples on my biological side or not.

Q: Due date?
A: Official due date is Feb. 17th, but they'll likely arrive end of December/early January.

Q: Genders?
A: We'll find out as soon as we can!

Q: What does M think?
A: She knows Mama has 3 babies in her belly and that makes her a big sister. She says she will feed them, but won't change their diapers. She did ask me their names the other day, and I told her they didn't have names yet, and she looked at me like I was ridiculous! :)

Q: Are you showing?
A: Yes. It's crazy. I'll post a picture soon.

I'm really going to try and blog more. I promise! I need it to get all my crazy thoughts and emotions out...but to also document this next crazy-exciting journey in our life. But for now...I'm exhausted. And hungry. Time for a snack and a nap before M wakes up! (Sorry if there's a ton of typos.)

And, a first of many THANK YOUs to all our awesome friends and family for their kind words and support for us and the babies!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Congrats!! That is amazing news. You will do fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this. ;) Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim told us a little while ago, so we've definitely been thinking about you! I'm so happy to hear everything is going well! I've also been thinking about you lots bringing our 2nd child home and going through the newborn stage again. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must feel thinking about it!! However, Madison will be at the perfect age and it will be so amazing and unique to go through this journey. Definitely not something everyone gets to do and such special babies they will be! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help, otherwise all our love to you guys and we'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omgosh, that is crazy exciting! What an adventure you are in for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! OMG! But think Meagan, whose gonna b a mother of 4, only 2 times of morning sickness:) that's half of what it could b:) Trying 2 make it easier on u??:) Congrats 2 u all!! Love & Hugs! Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete