Jengo wished her well for her first day, too!
We all arrived around 8:25am. The parents were ushered to the cafeteria for a brief orientation, and by 9am we said our good-byes for good and left. It was SO hard leaving, really. But, when we returned the room after the orientation she was happily sitting at the table with the other students coloring. That made it easier seeing how happy she was. She kissed me and there were no tears (from either of us). It was SO weird walking out of the school. I couldn't believe she was now in school!!!
I couldn't stop thinking about her for the next couple hours. I kept on wondering what and how she was doing. Josh and I ran some work errands together. And, at 11:30am we returned and picked her up. Yay!!!
In the car (and later on), here's some of the things she told us about her day.
"I colored."
"I had goldfish crackers and milk!" (She was super excited to hear that there was snack time everyday at school!)
"The kids were wild at the park (she was talking about the playground). They were chasing each other! I went up and down the slide."
"My teacher said, 'Time to clean up books and toys.'"
"My teacher said, 'Have calm bodies.'"
"I got sand in my shoes!"
"My teacher said, 'No laying on the floor.'"
"I had to go to time out 'cause not following directions." (I'm not sure if this was true or not. She is ALWAYS in time out at home for not listening and following directions...but at school they call it the "quiet corner' so who knows. I wanted to email the teacher and ask her if she was in the quiet corner today or not...but Josh told me not to worry...and to 'not be that Mom that emails the teacher on the first day! I still kinda wanted to email her...but I am letting it go.)
When we asked her if she liked her teacher, she said, "No!" But...she said it with a smile...I think she knew she'd get a reaction by answering, no.
Here she is when we picked her up...clearly very happy with her teacher. LOL!

"I was looking for you at school. But...I couldn't find you." She told me that later at lunch. That made me sad. But, I just reminded her that Mama or Daddy will always return to pick her up.
Oh yeah, here's the only picture I took last Wednesday at Unpack Your Backpack. She was SO happy to have her hand painted.

Josh and I are very pleased with our decision t enroll her this year for Pre-School at Rivermont. I actually think tomorrow - dropping her off for her second day - might be harder on me than last Friday! Wish me luck! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment