12.10.2013

Triplet Pregnancy Update - 30 Weeks

I honestly can't believe I made it to 30 weeks! 

And, I'm still moving and somewhat active! My house is a complete wreck, I look and feel pretty tired, and I'm pretty moody (I think I cry or almost cry daily - poor Josh) - but hey...you can't have it all!

Here I am! 


Yeah - I'm ginormous. And, my belly has definitely dropped a bit. No wonder people stare at me! I kinda still shock myself. Bev wanted to know how big around I was. I didn't want to do it at first, but curiosity got to me, and I let Josh measure my 'waist' and I'm about 48" around. Um...yeah...that's 4 feet! BUT...most importantly, the babies are doing well!!! 

I had an ultrasound last Tues. and today. These are quick ones where they do an anatomy check and fluid check and then monitor their movements and breathing (well, they check to make sure they are practicing some breathing at some point within a half hour). They all have been passing with flying colors each week. I have another u/s like this next week. My next growth u/s to find out how big they are will not be for another 2 weeks (at 32 weeks) - sometime around Christmas I'm guessing.

A couple u/s pics from last week.

Baby B at 29 weeks giving us thumbs up.

Baby B at 29 weeks already has visible hair!!! That's what those lines are under the word 'hair.'

The babies are already showing their personalities a little bit. Baby A and C (one of the twins and the fraternal) are both head down. Baby A is on the bottom (poor guy) and C is on my right side. Baby B (the other twin) is on my left and is head up. Baby B is the most active and the most 'photogenic.' We always seem to get the 'best' pictures of him. Baby C is definitely the least active. We had to wait for some time today for him to decide to move and show us that he's practicing his breathing. And, I think Baby A will be the most easy going - as we witnessed him getting kicked in the head today by Baby B. And, he's constantly having his brothers basically laying on him a lot. 

Here's some pictures from today's u/s.

30 weeks - A's face.

30 weeks B's - profile. She told me he's sticking out his tongue.

30 weeks - C's little baby rolls. I think it's just skin - I don't think they are that chubby yet...but I could be wrong.

So, how am I doing? Overall, I think pretty good all things considered. Of course I'm uncomfortable and I can't stand, walk, or sit for long. I've seemed to have lost my appetite, and have to force and remind myself to eat - unless is Mexican from Las Lomas (a restaurant in Muscatine) - I feel like I could eat that at any time. I'm still drinking just one Ensure drink a day. And, I'm drinking as much water as I can.

I'm feeling a bit more stressed as I know the babies will be here anytime in the next 2-6 weeks. We have a lot to do...but I know it will get done. Of course normal holiday stress and preparation is on my mind. And, I've also been thinking more about Madison and how her little life is going to change so drastically soon - a post on that will probably come soon.

Well...that's it for now. I'm going to try and sneak in a quick cat nap before M wakes from her nap!

1 comment:

  1. So, don't think I'm just saying this because you know that we don't have that type of relationship. You are looking good! I mean your belly is maybe the largest belly I've ever seen but you really do look pregnancy glowing!

    ReplyDelete