1.04.2014

Dear Madison

Dear Madison,

All of our lives are about to change within the next few weeks. As excited as I am to welcome your brothers to our family. I think everyday about how your little life is about to change in so many ways. For almost 3.5 years, you have been the center of my world and my first priority (along with your Daddy of course). While I know that being able to grow our family and make you a sister is a great honor for your Daddy and me, I also want to share with you just how special YOU are and always will be to me.

Just looking at you makes my heart skip a beat, and the love I feel for you is indescribable and ever growing.

I never knew the kind of love I'd feel for my child until I had you. As my first-born you will always and forever hold a special place in my heart. No one can or ever will replace your role in my life. You taught me what a privilege it is to be a mother. And, every day I feel a love that I never knew existed all because of you.

I want you to know that you are one my greatest accomplishments. That every moment when I look at you, I can't believe you're MY daughter. That you love me. Your hugs melt me and instantly bring a calmness to my life. Your sassy-ness humbles me, frustrates me, and reminds me of the importance of forgiveness, acceptance, and empathy.

Every night after you are tucked into bed and sleeping, your Daddy and I talk about how proud of you we are. We share the funny or sweet or helpful things you accomplished that day. Some days we talk about how glad we are you're finally in bed if we've all had a long day together. We talk about how you're the best little girl in the world. We talk about how smart you are. We talk about our hopes and dreams for you.

And now...we also talk about what kind of a big sister you'll be. It nearly brings me to tears every night when you put little hand on my belly and sing "Twinkle Twinkle" to your brothers before bed. You will be the most perfect big sister for these lil' boys. You all are so fortunate to have each other.


So, I just want you to know that I know life is changing in a big way for all of us. It won't always be easy. But, it will most definitely be worth it. Your Daddy and I will always love you and always help you in any way we can. You will forever be our sweet little Princess (Daddy's nickname for you) and Babycakes (Mama's nickname for you). We will always be there for you and love you no matter what life brings our way.

Thank you for being you. For being our precious daughter. And, for being a loving big sister to your brothers.

Love You Always and Forever,
Mama

1 comment:

  1. If it helps you at all, I have zero memory of my parents bringing my brother home and I was almost 3. :)

    Hopefully we can do nursery magic this weekend. Stay away germs!

    ReplyDelete