9.05.2014

Triplets - 6 and 7 Months Old

Ah. My first missed monthly post. When I finally got around to documenting their 6 month of life...it was already a week and a half away from 7 months. So, I told myself I'd have to get their 7 month post done ON TIME. Whoops again. I'm only two weeks late...*sigh*
 
(One of my favorite pictures of the boys.)
 
We have been BUSY BUSY BUSY at the Smyser house these last couple months of summer.
 
So much is going on with the boys...so prepare for a looooooong post...with lotsa typos because it's 11:30pm, and I'm tired...but I'm also determined to get this done.
 
Happy 6 Months BOYS!
 
At their 6 month appointment (on August 1), here were their stats:
Cooper and Carter were both 18 lbs. 10oz. and about 26 inches, and Tucker was one pound less, and one inch longer than his brothers. Carter and Cooper are heavier and stockier, and Tucker is leaner - totally different body types.
 
 
 
 
A couple out takes
 
 
They have definitely gained weight since then. Here's their 7 month pictures. I'm going to have to stop using my cell and get back to using our good camera. They move SO much and so many of the pictures are blurry.
 
HAPPY 7 MONTHS Smyser Trio! 
 
They are still squeezing into size 2 diapers, but should probably be in 3s. They wear 4s overnight!
 

They are still in 6 month clothing, but I've washed all their 9 month clothing, and am waiting on a few more items in the mail from Carter's (love their Labor Day sale). We'll switch to 9 month any day now...once I accept the fact that they are ready...

So...as of today 7 months (and two weeks)

COOPER
2 bottom teeth and 3 top teeth coming in
He easily rolls both ways, and is starting to get up on all fours and scoot
He can sit unassisted
He is most entranced with Madison
He is a bit quieter and tends to be more content than his brothers. He loves sharing his smiles with you. He's the first to show being a bit overwhelmed with unfamiliar with new people.
He loves watching the TV the most
He is working on holding his bottle - does ok eating purees, usually the first to get disinterested in eating though.
 
 
 
 
TUCKER
No teeth - but lots of chewing on his fingers
Finally started rolling more from his back to belly, manages to wiggle and roll around everywhere
He is the most sensitive for the three...a drama king for sure. Tends to cry the easiest and the most.
Definitely most attached to me. :) He's my "Mama's Boy!"
He can sit unassisted, but is the wiggliest of the three, still
He LOVES loves LOVES laughing
He is the most interested in eating purees and opens his mouth the biggest for his bites.
 
 
 
CARTER
2 bottom teeth, and 2 top teeth just starting to come down
Rolls to his belly immediately, loves army crawling and rolling to get where he wants to go - we have a feeling he will continue to be the first to do everything.
In fact - just TONIGHT he went from his belly to sitting unassisted ALL BY HIMSELF!
He is the sturdiest sitting unassisted
He sticks out his tongue when he's happy or concentrating
He's most attached to Josh
He can hold his bottle!
 
 
At around 6 months we started solids/purees.

Their first food was avocado! They all like it. Sweet potatoes were next, followed by green beans. I also stated breaking up those little puffs for them to try. They also get some baby oatmeal mixed with applesauce, and have tried banana. I am going to try carrots next. I also got some of those Baby Mum-Mum things to try this week. We shall see if they are ready for those or not. I have not done a lot with letting them try feeding themselves, yet. But, hope to do more of that now. I am also going to
get some sippy cups (the weighted straw ones) for them to start practicing with sometime.
 
 
I am still pumping so they receive about 2/3 breastmilk and 1/3 formula. I only pump 3 times a day now...I was thinking of quitting soon...but now that we are headed into winter and cold season. So...for now, my short term goal is 9 months, and my ultimate long-term goal is still 1 year.
 
They are on a pretty good schedule right now with 2 naps (and a cat nap in the evening). They sleep from about 8pm until 7am. I have a 'day in our life' post coming soon!!!
 
The helmets are going just fine! I'll have to do a longer post on their helmets one of these days. We'll get updated measurements next Thursday at their appointment. For now, they've had them for 6 weeks. No issues. They sleep and play just fine. And, we can see improvements already!
 
Random things about the boys:
They've been out to a restaurant twice now!
They go grocery shopping with us usually weekly.
They respond to their names, and the word, "bottle."
I'm starting to sign the words, "eat," "milk" and "all done."
They all love chewing on their lovies, blankies, and fingers, and anything else they can get a hold of.
They tolerate their baths, and seem to be okay with them. I still bathe them one at a time.
They all love watching The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, especially the "Hot Dog Song" at the end.
They love 'jumping' and bouncing. 
We need to get their 'baby jail' set up soon...I'm dreading it for some reason. We have the baby gates purchased.
Watching them interact is amazing - a special part of being a triplet.
They happily play independently now - LOVE this!
 
FAMILY PHOTO - The Smyser6
 
Oh, and do you know what's wrong with this picture???
Yep...when I started their group shots, I took like 20 pictures before I realized what was wrong. Doh!!!
 
Again - THANKS SO MUCH to all our family and friends who help us out all the time. It takes a village - and we are so thankful for the 'village' that loves us and our children.
 
Seven...almost eight months, and I seriously can't belive it. Our life is indescribable in so many ways...exhausting and exhilarating, challenging but rewarding, and filled with more love and laughter than we could have ever imagined.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment