Sooooo......I finally decided I wanted to document another day in our life before M started preschool.
I started out really good with snapping pictures...but it fizzled out as the day progressed...kinda like I do, too. Haha. I think I stopped getting pics at around 3:30pm. Oh well. I'll try to do better next time!
Anyways, for everyone who says, "I don't know how you do it!?!" This is how!
Wednesday, August 27, 2014
Madison is 4 years old, and the boys are 7 months old.
2:30am - I wake to some fussing on the monitor. It's Cooper (which is out of the ordinary) so I rock him for a few minutes, and put him back in his crib asleep.
5am - It's Cooper again waking me up! I let him fuss for a couple minutes, and he falls back asleep. Yay!
5:20am - I get up and grab my bottles and pump. (I usually pump anytime between 5am and 6:30am for 30-40 minutes.)
6am - I'm finished pumping and storing my milk in the fridge. Next I go and wash my face, put in contacts (I only shower every other day), fold some laundry, and then do some work in the office. I head upstairs around 7am since I know the boys will be awake soon. I check FB and send some texts.
7:15am - Tucker and Cooper wake up. I change their diapers and get them dressed. They play on the floor a bit.
7:30 - I unload the dishwasher, and start warming their bottles, and feed Winky.
7:35am - I hear Carter talking/babbling, so I get him up and he gets a new diaper and gets dressed.
7:40am - I feed the babies their bottles, and eat my oatmeal while sitting next to them.
8am - Madison wakes up. I help her get dressed and do her hair.
8:10am - Babies are done, so they play while I do some cleaning/picking up around the house, and M watches some TV.
8:20am - I go and play with babies.
8:35am - Madison eats breakfast, and I feed the babies some oatmeal mixed with applesauce.
Angry babies waiting for their oatmeal.
.jpg)
8:50am - I clean up after breakfast, vacuum while M entertains the babies, and clean some more of the kitchen.
9:10am - Move the babies back to the floor to play.
9:25am - Change the babies' diapers, zip 'em up in their sleep sacks, sound machine goes on, and I lay the babies down for naps in their room.
9:35am - Babies are fussing a bit, so I watch/listen to them on the monitor while Madison watches a show for a bit, and I snuggle with her on the couch
.jpg)
.jpg)
9:50am - Babies are asleep. M and I move down to the office so I can work for a bit. She keeps herself busy by coloring, stamping stuff, cutting paper, playing, and asking me a million questions.
11am - We head upstairs for a quick lunch before the babies wake.
11:20am - Babies wake, so I change their diapers and feed them their bottles.
Noon - I pump while the babies play and watch The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. M does a great job of entertaining them on and off, too. While pumping I entertain myself on my phone by checking FB, texting a friend, and singing random songs for the babies.
12:35pm - I finish pumping, clean up, and start preparing the babies some lunch.
12:40pm - I feed the babies some sweet potato and of course M wants a snack. Once everyone's done eating, it's time to clean up, and head back to the living room to play.
1:20pm - Time to change diapers and get them back in their sleep sacks for naps!
1:30pm - They are all fussing in their room. M and I step outside for 5 minutes to pick her raspberries, and when we return the babies are sleeping! Yay! We play with her puzzles for about 25 minutes. Then, it's back downstairs to try and get one or more work items completed in the office (and to waste time checking FB). I also finish folding the laundry.
**I should note that it's extremely rare that all three nap so well for BOTH naps. I usually get at least an hour each time for both naps from all 3. If one wakes early (almost always Tucker), I get him out and have to entertain him for a bit.
3:10pm - We head back upstairs. I get out the bottles to warm and preparing for the boys to wake. M gets to pick a show to watch on her Kindle.
3:15pm - I hear Tucker let out a wail. I run and grab him and set him up with M.
3:25pm - C and C start fussing. So they are out next.
3:30pm - Babies get new diapers, and drink their bottles.
Annoyed that I'm taking their pictures instead of feeding them. Poor starving babies!
4pm - Grandma Tracy arrives! :-) I remove their helmets so I can clean them. Tracy plays with the babies and talks to M, while I clean the helmets, load the dishwasher and do some more household tidying up.
4:30pm - A family friend, Maureen, arrives. Maureen and Tracy are watching the babies for a bit while M and I go out to dinner together. We all visit for a while and play with the babies and M.
5pm - I put the helmets back on C and C. Madison and I leave. I am excited for some 1-on-1 time with my baby girl. On the way home we call Josh.
6:20pm - We arrive home. Tracy tells me that one of the babies cat-napped for a bit. Maureen leaves.
6:30pm - I grab Tucker and put him in the baby carrier in hopes he'll cat nap. I feed Winky. I fold some more laundry, then get Madison's pajamas out. Tracy and I entertain the babies and visit. The babies go in their exersaucers for a bit at some point.
7:25pm - I have Madison get her pajamas on and get ready for bed. I also get out her clothes for school tomorrow. I lay them out in her closet so I just have one less thing to think about the next day. (I don't always do this...but did tonight since tomorrow is her first day!)
7:30pm - I start the bedtime routine. I move all the boppy pillows in their room. (I still feed them on the futon bed.) Then, I change their diapers, zip them up in their sleep sacks, and prepare their bottles (8 oz.). I feed the babies in their room in the dark. The sound machine is on. Tracy spends some time with M and reads her some book in her room.
Formula at night. Love the Baby Breeza!
7:50pm - Babies finish their bottles. I give them hugs and kisses and lay them in their cribs. Tracy heads out, and I spend a few minutes snuggling Madison before closing her door.
8pm - I head to the kitchen to finish loading the dishwasher and tidying the kitchen and living room. I pack Madison's lunch for tomorrow.
8:30pm - I finally sit down. I find something to watch on TV. I start pumping for the final time for the day. I surf FB and IG on my phone, I text Josh a couple times. I check the monitors on and off (yes, I still have a video monitor in M's room, too.)
10:30pm-ish - I put my pumping supplies in the dishwasher and start it, let Winky out, and GO TO BED.
A few things to note:
-Josh was gone this week, otherwise, he's obviously around to help in the evenings.
-Baths for the boys happen only a couple times a week. I always bathe them on the same day, one at a time in a row...takes me about 20 minutes total.
-If I have to run errands or schedule appointments, I'll do it from 9:30am-11:30am, or 1pm until 3pm during their napping times.
-During their naps I usually try and be productive...either down in the office or working on things around the house. Occasionally I just relax...but not often unfortunately. Just too much to do!
So...that's it. A day in our life.
Also...check my beautiful kiddos that were a part of this product review at SAHMreviews.com!
Also...check my beautiful kiddos that were a part of this product review at SAHMreviews.com!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment