Dec. 1, 2009:
“Oh shit.” Yes, I’ll admit these were the first two words whispered out of my mouth as I realized the pregnancy test read positive. I'll admit I immediately felt a combination of equal amounts of joy and fear at the same time, too. But, first let me take you back a few days and tell you about what led me to the “Oh shit” moment.
One week before Thanksgiving: I felt sick all morning, didn’t eat any breakfast, and then actually got sick. I was fine by lunch and thought nothing of it.
Thanksgiving Day: We're visiting family in VA. I am excited for a short bike ride with family before the big meal. Josh’s Uncle Jeff gets us (Tracy, Josh, and me) all set up, and off we go. Now, I know I’m not the most fit person in the world…but about 10-15 minutes into this leisurely bike ride, I’m feeling absolutely exhausted. Also, Josh was totally fine…there is no way he is in better shape than me! I stopped to get off and rest, and immediately feel dizzy and sick. Something is going on. I’m still not thinking pregnancy, just that something is definitely going on.
Nov. 29, 2009: Josh and I travel back home. On the plane ride, we do some thinking and we decide I actually could be pregnant. I still don't think it's too likely, but Josh is more convinced.
Nov. 30, 2009: I do some research on-line to find the "best" home pregnancy test. I even happen find a coupon for the one I’m going to use. Score!! I tell Josh about the purchase, and he decides calling it a “pee stick” is more fun. What a nerd.
Dec. 1, 2009: I am officially one day late, and I decide to test in the morning before Josh has to leave for work. The test reads positive. I have my “Oh shit” moment, before yelling to Josh. “It’s positive. I'm pregnant.” Josh is excited…again references the “little Megan” and goes on to say something about how he knew it all along. (Yeah, of course he did, as I roll my eyes...) I am still in utter and complete disbelief.
Today we heard the heartbeat for the first time! At my last appointment I was only 11 weeks we tried to hear it, but the doc. said it was probably just a little too early...so we've been (not so) patiently waiting for the last 4 weeks for this moment.
Baby Smyser's heartbeat is right in the 140s, so perfectly normal. I was so anxious for today's appointment I woke up almost every 2 hours last night in anticipation of this morning's appointment. Hearing the heartbeat is incredible! I was so glad Josh was there to hear it with me. It still seems unbelievable sometimes that I have a little human being growing inside of me!
Again, welcome to our blog, and thanks for reading!
I plan on updating at least once a week, if not more.
Come back later this week for some FAQs!
This is fantastic. I love all of Josh's nicknames and comments. "Pee stick" is my personal favorite. It just shows how mature your husband really is. :)
ReplyDeleteYour blog is adorable, gave me the chills! So gosh darn cute. I am so excited for you guys!! :) What an awesome time in your lives!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! Love the blog. :)
ReplyDeleteHey guys! Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I look forward to reading more! I am so excited for you guys. Let me just say that I think it's a boy so I'm not sure about the "little Megan." I know he/she will be adorable though!! Love you both, I mean three!
ReplyDeleteI love it Meg! I can picture everything you describe exactly! I'm so excited!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to keep us all involved in the pregnacy! Congrats to you both.. If you need training on diaper changes i'll send mattie your way *winks
ReplyDelete