We spent our anniversary working TNT style! I went with Josh to get a sample of mortar from a building in Muscatine and we checked out a property in Iowa City. All of this was capped off with a stop at McDonald's for a Shamrock shake...only because Baby Smyser was requesting this special treat of course. ;-) Baby Smyser has great taste!
Our good friend Schaefer came over yesterday. When he called, he asked Josh is I was showing at all yet. I told Josh his response should have been..."Read her blog." Then, I asked Josh if that was rude...and usually, if you have to ask a question like that, you already know the answer. One of my moments I guess...
Anyways, I've decided to amend that FAQ...I do think I am starting to show. And, my friend Michelle also commented...(not in these words exactly...so please excuse this sarcasm).
Q: Can I randomly touch and rub your belly now that your pregnant?
A: PLEASE do not touch my belly without asking. :-) Unless you are Josh's grandma...she's already done it. Luckily, she's an awesome grandma...so, I can't possibly say no to her! I love Bev!
Q: Can I randomly touch and rub your belly now that your pregnant?
A: PLEASE do not touch my belly without asking. :-) Unless you are Josh's grandma...she's already done it. Luckily, she's an awesome grandma...so, I can't possibly say no to her! I love Bev!
(Also, I realize my responses to questions such as the one above my change as time progresses.)
Babies are awesome excuses for eating stuff. I had bacon at least a few times a week when pregnant with both my girls! As for the Shamrock shake, next time you're there, if you're a fan of mint chocolate, think about asking them mix some hot fudge or chocolate ice cream with it. (or if you point at the baby, see if they'll toss in a handful of the bits that they use for the McFlurry's). Pregnant women can get away with a lot of stuff like that. My grocery store in California handed me a cookie every time I was there because they knew I loved them. And if they didn't have any behind the counter, they would open a new package!
ReplyDeleteAs for Bev, out of all the relatives, I think she was the most curious about when we were going to have kids. I don't think she realized I was doing fertility treatments and had given up hope of ever getting pregnant.
And, btw... cool that you set up a blog. Drop me a line on Facebook or via my profile if you need any help with Blogger!
Be sure to mark off May 6th as National Moms Nite Out (local event will be at NorthPark). The company that is putting it together has great relationships with some major baby companies and there's a good chance they'll be giving out samples. I'll let you know if I get more details.