1.03.2011

CIO Update

Well, we're surviving!

Madison seems to be doing well sleeping in her crib through the night. Two nights ago, and last night she's gone down at bedtime, around 9pm-ish with 5 minutes or less of crying. :) She's slept straight through until 4am-ish, which is when she normally wakes to be fed. After her feeding, she's gone back to sleep with 5 minutes or less of crying until 8:30am-ish, which is when she normally wakes up for the day. THANK GOODNESS!

However, I will admit I really miss all the cuddling and waking up to her sweet face each morning.

Naps during the day...now, that's another story. Yesterday was tough. Lots of crying. :( Not a lot of daytime sleeping. Today has been better. She went down for her morning nap with less than 5 minutes of crying, and slept for about an hour and a half. Here she is...apparently she is a side sleeper!

This afternoon she went down around 3:30pm, easily, and awoke around 4pm. I'm letting her fuss a bit now, and hoping she'll go back to sleep...we'll see...

I have always been pretty consistent with Madison's bedtime, so I attribute that to her being able to sleep at night so well. Her naps have never been super consistent, so I think that's why we're struggling a bit more. I'm trying now to get her on a better napping schedule to help her sleep better during the days.

It's still horrible listening to her cry during the day, and there are still moments I feel like I made the wrong decision. I'm probably going to gain 10 lbs. in the meantime, because for some reason, I feel like eating a ding dong while she's crying will magically help her go to sleep. Yes, I am cursing Josh for stopping at the Hostess Bakery Outlet, and cursing myself for having no will power. Geesh!

But honestly, right now, I do feel like she's improving. So, for now...we'll continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment