7.19.2011

Fire Pit Update

Work on the back yard patio fire pit has been...s l o w...mostly because my husband is a busy, busy man. It's understandable.

So a few weekends ago, he started building the fire pit.

On Day 1, our friend, Rick, was back to help...he was the "mud mixer."


And, here's Josh in action laying the brick.


He got about half way done that day...and resumed the following weekend with help from my Dad.

Future tuckpointer??? (I'm talking about M...not me!)


ALMOST done. He cleaned the brick. We...I mean, Josh has to install the lintels (metal things that go on top of the brick over the openings (we wanted openings for air flow), then we'll have the concrete caps made to finish it off...then...he'll have to finish laying the patio flush up to the fire pit...THEN we'll be done! Well, besides all the clean up and fixing up our yard more! Geesh...that is a lot to do still!


I'm guessing we'll get it all completely done sometime in September :).

But, that's ok.

Fall bon fires are the best! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment