But, she's getting to the age where I do think it's kind of noticeable when we go out and she doesn't have shoes on...and now that she's learning to walk, she'll obviously need them since she'll be spending lotsa time on her feet.
So, here's her shoe history...
*Flip flops from G'pa Dave...too tight on her pudgy feet...but they sure were cute for the 20 seconds she wore them. I think this was back in May.
*Sneakers from Great G'Ma Bev...they fit her...but I think she needs to be a bit more steady on her feet to wear these comfortably...and I probably need some thinner socks. It took about 10 minutes...per foot...while bribing her with Puffs to shove her pudgy foot into them. But...hey...I got my picture. :)
*Her first outfit with her Carter's rainbow colored heart shoes...size 3....perfect for her pudgy feet, but a bit too long. I had to bribe her with Yo Gabba Gabba on TV and another pair of shoes to play with just to get them on...but she left them on...success!!!
*These all white Carter shoes were too loose...again, size 3 too big, but size 2, too small...annoying. Oh, and wearing socks with her sundress and these shoes just wasn't cute.
Josh's cousin had a good idea to simply stitch the elastic across the top to make them a bit tighter. That of course never crossed my mind...(thanks Courtney!).
I don't really have a good picture because all she wanted to do was pull them off...I think because they were too big. Oh well. I got an action shot of her throwing the one shoe anyways...
*Sandals I finally found at Target. Perfect fit! Gotta love velcro! Of course I'm bribing her with Yo Gabba Gabba on TV and my camera for this picture.
Hey...did you know they have baby shoes in the SHOE section at Target? Oh, you knew that...yeah, I didn't. I had been looking at Target all over the baby section (on several occasions) with no luck...but the thought never crossed my mind to look in the shoe section until my friend's mom recommended that. (Thanks, Sherri!)
I blame this silly oversight on 'Mommy Brain.'
Anyways, she quickly discovered them and wanted them off immediately.
But, I've been putting the sandals on her whenever we go out for the past few days, and I think she's getting used to them. Yay!
*Conclusion 1: I'm glad it's summer and she can still go barefoot a lot.
*Conclusion 2: I think I bribe her too much for silly pics for this blog. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment