1.16.2013

2 Years 5 Months

I intended on doing an update last month on M. But, it was too busy since the holidays were right around the corner and since I decided to potty train M around that time, too. So here we are at 2 years and 5 months...almost half way to THREE, YIKES!

This will be a lengthy...and probably a bit all over. But I really want to remember all these things and what she was like at this point in her life. These pictures are from yesterday.



She's about 33 pounds and 38 inches tall (estimated). She wears 3T clothes and size 7 shoes.

Some of her favorite phrases:
"What's happening?"
"What we doing?"
"Where we going?"
"What's their name?"
"Me go home now."
"Mama, phone ringing!"
"Mama, who's calling you? Who you calling?"
"I do it by myself!"
"I love you SO MUCH!"
"Keep trying. Don't give up." (learned from Yo Gabba Gabba)

She is still a SUPER picky eater. She still won't eat any meat. Her main diet consists of blueberries, french fries with ketchup, crescent rolls, mandarin oranges, milk, some cereals, smoothies, yogurt, and of course yummy junk food like some crackers, cookies, chips, and ice cream. And, lately she's back to eating mashed sweet potato! Yay! She still eats the veggie pouches, too.

She 'knows' most of the main colors. Including black, white, and brown.

We are working on letter recognition...so far she definitely knows what "O" looks like. Only 25 more to go! Haha!

We are also working on shapes. She only knows the heart and the star as of now.



She loves playing the toddler apps and games on my Kindle Fire. Her favorite are the puzzles.

Her favorite cartoons are still Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Yo Gabba Gabba. Some new favorites are Dora the Explorer and Olivia. She also has seen many Disney movies and sings along the most to Pocahontas and Aladdin.

She's in big girl undies during all waking hours of her day. We're still learning that's for sure...but overall, we're doing ok I think. She still has a few accidents if I don't get her to the potty enough, so we still have a lot of work to do in the area of her learning to alert me. But, I'm happy with where we are for now.

She loves sprinkles, frosting, and suckers. I guess I should say she loves sugar.

She enjoys singing. Some of her favorite songs are Old MacDonald and Twinkle, Twinkle.


She bites her finger nails AND toe nails! Ugh. I'm not sure how I'm going to tackle this habit. Neither Josh or I do this so...not sure where she picked this up from. I mention this habit mostly because Tracy told me that Josh used to bite his toe nails when he was a toddler, too!!!

She's begun to learn the art of negotiating with me. A few weeks ago we were at the mall. After lunch, she smiled, looked directly in my eyes, smiled, and in a sweet voice asked me, "Mama, I have cookie or ice-cream?" I caved of course. Cookie is was.

She also asks me repeatedly during the day if she can watch a show for just 2 more minutes. Or if she can play with a toy for just 1 minute. She does this when we're about to leave or if it's right before nap time or bed time. Smart girl.



Her memory surprises me every day. Just this week we read a book that we haven't read since December. After she picked it out, she declared (without any prompting from me), "This book from Grandma Bevy." She was right of course. Bev had gifted her that book at Christmas. A couple weeks ago I was fiddling with the shower sprayer and Madison said, "Oh, my Grandpa Dave fix this." She must have remembered that a couple MONTHS ago my Dad had helped us install it in our shower (M watched of course). I'm pretty impressed with her anyways.



Madison is growing and learning more everyday. 
Every day is truly an adventure with her. 
We love you, M!

No comments:

Post a Comment