So, on Tuesday morning we headed to Chestnut Mountain Resort (about 90 minutes North of the QC) in Galena, IL. We were happy to have Grandma Tracy AND Great Grandma Bev join us. After what seemed like FOREVER to get all ready we were all finally ready to hit the slopes! It was a beautiful day out (I think around 40 degrees). We were so lucky!
Her TINY skis were SO adorable! Josh was SO excited!
Tracy and Bev were super excited, too.
Her first time down was slow (obviously)...and she fell. :( She wasn't too sure, and while she didn't cry, she kinda whined just a bit. We were on the bunny hill. I left and tried skiing down once myself to get my bearings.

But she made it and even went up the flat escalator thingy back to the top.

She fell again the second time down. :( And she was crying so Josh decided to just sit with her and let her watch her Mama and Grandmas ski down a couple tmes.
And then...she was at it again! :)
After lunch, I was on Madison duty for a while so that the Grandmas and Josh could ski down Old Main a few times. Josh and I had discovered that Rookie's Ridge was actually less crowded than the bunny hill, and it had an area that was not super sloped. So I let M try and 'ski' and follow me (chase) and SHE loved that!
Then, we were all able to help her ski down the small slope at the top of the hill a few times. Here are a couple videos. We were all so proud of M, and at this point, she was truly having fun and laughing as she skied.
This one wasn't on FB. Plus, you get to see Josh ski backwards!
She even went down Rookie's Ridge several times, too, with Josh. He's fancy and went down BACKWARDS so he could help her the whole way down! She was obsessed with the chair lift and requested several times, "Me go round and round and round on big chair!?" I was of course SUPER NERVOUS...but I knew that Josh would protect her. Although, I did scream, "JOSH. You hold on to her!" the first time she rode it up. (Later Josh told me that I was really loud, too. Oh well.)
Here they are skiing off the chair and coming to me!
Seriously. How sweet is this picture!?
After a while we were all tired, and headed to our hotel (we didn't stay at the resort) to check in and change, and then we went to a nice dinner in Galena.
Back at the hotel we hung out for a bit before all trying to go to sleep. M was awake for about 2 hours talking and playing in the bed with us. It was miserable. :) But funny. She said things like:
"Oohhh...what's that noise???" (once Tracy and Bev began their snoring.) "Too loud!"
"Daddy. Be quiet. Time for night-night." (obviously)
"Mama. I want blueberries and yogurt for breakfast."
"MAMA! Bunny fell! Bunny fell! Bunny fell!" (For the record...her bunny was just on the other side of Josh.)
Also, she sang made-up songs. Faked snored. Kicked me and elbowed me multiple times...all night. And, tried repeatedly to take the rubber band out of my ponytail. But...I was thankful that once she was asleep she stayed asleep (despite the snoring of our roommates). I did not. :)
**It was a FANTASTIC MEMORABLE experience for all of us.**
We plan on going skiing again next Winter for sure. Who's coming with us?!









No comments:
Post a Comment