Here I am...large and in charge and ready for week 28!
It's been a while...so this will probably be a longer update. Week 25 was ok, EXCEPT I had a terrible cold and a cough that brought me to tears a couple days. Who knew coughing would be so painful for a pregnant woman. But...we survived. Week 26 was also pretty good overall.
This last week - #27 - has been the roughest thus far. I think carrying these babies is finally starting to wear on my body (and my mind).
Physically - I'm experiencing more lower back pain when I'm up and moving. Especially by the evening. I'm not able to lift or carry hardly anything without feeling it. I just kind of 'hit a wall' mid afternoon, and around 8pm and I'm ready to just lay down. I'm not sleeping as well because I have to flip from side to side 2-3 times a night to stay comfortable. I think I've gained around 25-30 lbs. I don't weigh myself at home...so I'll know for sure on Tuesday.
My belly is definitely feeling stretched and tightens a lot. The babies do their fair share of moving and pushing around in there. I think they are most active (or I just notice it the most) from about 8-10 pm. I usually enjoy the feeling...but lately their movements also make me feel a bit uncomfortable almost. Who knows what other organs they are poking and pushing on in there! LOL! Josh is NOT a fan of feeling them kick hard or feeling body parts push out.
Mentally - I have to admit I cried a couple times this week when feeling sorry for myself for feeling lousy and feeling like I'm not accomplishing anything. Also, just feeling 'not myself' is sometimes sad. It's been kinda hard this holiday season only because I still want to take M to Festival of Trees, and we have to cut our tree and decorate the house. I'm determined to do both of those things this week. It's also been GOOD to be pregnant because for ONCE in my life I'm not procrastinating on shopping for gifts or our holiday cards!
I am getting more used to stares and questions when we are out and about. But, sometimes I still get self-conscience with all the stares I get from the public. I know my baby belly must look pretty shocking to most people...they are probably just worried I'm going to go into labor! But most of you know me, and know that I'm not one to necessarily like all the attention, and I still get uncomfortable. Oh well. I better get used to it!
It's hard to believe that I'm hoping to stay pregnant for at least 4 more weeks. Sometimes I feel like I can definitely do that...and sometimes...that feels like a LONG time. But...I'm pretty determined to NOT have them born before Christmas. So, we'll see! Don't worry too much about me though. I'm doing my best to do as much as I still can WITHOUT overdoing it. I know it's important to take care of myself for my whole family.
I am SO happy to have made it to 28 weeks. It was my main goal from the beginning. My next goal is to make it to 30 weeks.
It's hard to believe that I'm hoping to stay pregnant for at least 4 more weeks. Sometimes I feel like I can definitely do that...and sometimes...that feels like a LONG time. But...I'm pretty determined to NOT have them born before Christmas. So, we'll see! Don't worry too much about me though. I'm doing my best to do as much as I still can WITHOUT overdoing it. I know it's important to take care of myself for my whole family.
I am SO happy to have made it to 28 weeks. It was my main goal from the beginning. My next goal is to make it to 30 weeks.
Josh says I move like a 90 year old man. It's true. But hey...at least I'm still moving! :) Josh has been very supportive. He's always worried about me resting, eating, and drinking enough water. He is finishing the floor in the downstairs basement this week, and once we get our bedroom moved down there I'll be ready to start cleaning and organizing the master bedroom for the triplets. Josh works so hard for our family and me, and I'm so incredibly thankful for him.
Starting in December I think I'll be needing more help around the house with minor cleaning and organizing. We have a lot to de-clutter and get organized before the boys arrive I've just been waiting for us to get moved and settled. So, if you are free for a morning or afternoon randomly in December...let me know! Or, if I need something, be ready for a FB request or text! :)
Madison talks about the babies and my belly a lot. The other night we were laying in her bed and she told me she had a baby in her belly...and she put her hand on her belly and told me she could feel him move. One day M also asked me where my lap went since she can't really sit on my lap anymore. LOL! I love her so much, and it's been hard on me not picking her up and cuddling her as much But, she is SO sweet and tells me a lot that she can't wait to help feed her brothers and give them baths.
I *THINK* we have finally agreed on their names. I'm still mulling over one of them...but...for now...I think we are set. This is kinda a teaser of an update since we WILL NOT be sharing until they are born! Sorry!
We go on Tuesday for our growth ultrasound, appointment with my doctors, and our NICU tour and consult. Hopefully they are all growing well and are healthy! I'll be back on Tuesday to post how everything goes.
P.S. We figured out that my steering wheel moves back. So...I've still got some wiggle room and am able t drive! Wohoo!!!
We go on Tuesday for our growth ultrasound, appointment with my doctors, and our NICU tour and consult. Hopefully they are all growing well and are healthy! I'll be back on Tuesday to post how everything goes.
P.S. We figured out that my steering wheel moves back. So...I've still got some wiggle room and am able t drive! Wohoo!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment