3.23.2014

A Day In My Life

I decided (a couple weeks ago) to document a random Monday of my life. I did this at least once while M was younger, but haven't done it in a while. Obviously a lot has changed in my lately, so I figured...why not give it a go again?!

Monday, March 3

2:40am - 3:30am
The boys wake for their bottles. I change them and feed them (4 oz. of formula), and get them back to sleep. Usually one or two wake up and I'll try and feed them first before waking and feeding the third.


3:30am - 4am
I go and pump, then go back to bed.


7am - 7:45am
 At some point, after 6am two wake up, I bring them to bed with me. Sleep is crucial and worth it to me to let them co-sleep so I can get a few more minutes of sleep time. The boys (and I) sleep longer than usual, which leads to a frenzied 40 minutes of changing diapers, feeding them, and also getting M ready for school. Luckily, the boys go back to sleep after their 7am feeding pretty easily.

7:45am
M is off to school (either Josh or my Dad take her). I go and wash my face and put in my contacts and get dressed. ( I only shower every other day or so now that the boys are here!)

8am
I do dishes and minor kitchen clean up.


8:30am - 9am
I pump....with Cooper since he was fussing. (They are getting too big now for me to hold them on my lap like this!)


9am - 9:30am
I put Cooper in the boppy to sleep on the couch while I move as fast as possible to take out trash, clean up recyclables, empty dishwasher, sweep, pick up. If I don't clean, I'd work on TNT office stuff.

9:30am
Breakfast for me!


10am - 11:15am
Usually one baby wakes around 9:30/10am, Cooper is still awake, so I change him and feed him, the other two wake while I'm doing this, so then I feed them, and let them have wake/play time.


11:15am - 11:30am
Clean (or work on TNT stuff if needed)

11:30 - noon
RELAX (or work on TNT stuff). Today I opened the new Ergo baby carrier that arrived, and opened toys from the boys from our friends (The Schaefers). I think I pumped sometime here, too.


Noon - 1pm
M comes home from school (my Dad brings her home), and we eat lunch. Today I also have time to visit with Josh and Dad for a bit. Josh goes back to work.

1pm - 2pm
Change and feed the boys and then play time. My Dad is still here to help! Yay!


2:15pm
Dad leaves. I get boys and M down for naps. I pump. I try and eat a snack and maybe rest myself.

2:50pm
Tucker is done napping - I end up holding him and continue to try to get him back to sleep.

3:30pm
M didn't fall asleep, after an hour, I give in and let her out of her room.

3:45pm - 5pm
Wake the other boys, change diapers, feed them, and lay them back down for sleep after a bit of wake/play/have tummy time.


After M saw me take the picture above, she wanted to take a picture of Carter and me. She did a pretty good job!


5pm-5:30pm
I pump.

5:30pm - 7pm
I make dinner, we eat dinner, I clean up after dinner, and try and spend some time with M and Josh.

7pm
Carter wakes first. So I change diapers, and get them all fed.

7:30pm - 8pm
I give M her bath and get her jammies on while Josh entertains the boys.

8pm
(Attempt to) put babies to bed.

8:30pm
Put M to bed

9 - 10pm
Entertain/hold babies during their 'witching hour.' Josh and I watch some TV together. I pumped, too.


10pm
Finally, my day is almost over. I get bottles ready, change babies, and feed babies for their final feeding of the day.

10:45pm
Bed for the boys and me.

Whew. I'm tired just from typing this!!! lol. Shortly after this post, we started scheduling help from 6pm-9pm about 4 or 5 days a week. This is the busiest time for our family with dinner, feeding babies, pumping, M's bedtime/bath, and the boys' 'witching hour.' Help during this time is much appreciated! M only gets a bath when we have help over. And, the boys get baths about once a week for now (usually on Saturday). I have been having help over Saturday mornings while Josh works at the accounting office. 

We do like to keep Sundays all to ourselves for just our family time.

I know in the near future my needs for help watching the babies will also change as I will need to do more office work for TNT...but who knows how the boys' schedule and napping will change, too. For now, I just try and go with the flow.

I'm SO SO thankful for family and friends who have been helping.
We wouldn't be making it without them!

I hope to record random days of our life here and there again. I know it will be fun to look back on. I already read some of my days with M when she was a baby, and loved the memories!

1 comment:

  1. Just make sure you take some time for yourself and don't feel guilty about it. After my third child...I seriously didn't do anything around the house. It was a hot mess for months. Taking care of you means you have more to give them :). You are truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete