3.08.2014

Triplets - One Month Old

Ok...I've been working on this for a couple weeks...but I vowed to get it done this week. So...this is kinda more like a 6 week update. It's kinda of funny that I'll be trying to get their 2 month update done is just a couple weeks!!!

I can NOT believe the boys are ONE month old already. It really seems like just yesterday that I was complaining about being SO big and pregnant. And now they have been with us for 4 (ok 6 now) weeks!

Anyways, I am trying to get this recorded as soon as I can. I know if I don't make it a priority now, it probably won't get done. And if it doesn't get done, I'll probably regret it someday. For Madison's updates they were always a mish-mash-hodge-podge of whatever I was thinking and could remember. So, I guess we'll see what happens!

Carter, Tucker, and Cooper. Not the most comfortable outfits. And, the boys were really sleepy.



All their weights are approximate (I didn't attempt to measure their lengths) since they did not have a well-check appointment at 4 weeks.

COOPER
Weight: Approx. 7 and a half pounds

Cooper is still our li'l peanut. And, 'Peanut' is our nickname for him.

He tends to be the easiest going, and most content overall.

He seems to be a 'daddy's boy' and searches for Josh when he hears his voice.

Cooper has a tiny red birthmark on his right foot. One way to tell him apart from Carter (for now). Our doctor told me it could fade over time.

He is the most likely to take a pacifier. He has a special green one that he had while in the NICU.

Cooper's cry is similar to Carter's. But, I'd describe his cry as the saddest, and he often gets a big frown right before and during crying. He definitely looks the most sad and pathetic when he is crying.

TUCKER
Weight: Approx. 9 lbs.

Josh has nicknamed him 'Meat Ball' because he has the chubbiest face of the three. We also call him, 'Tucker-Boy' (nick name courtesy of M).

He is more of a 'mama's boy.'

Tucker tends to look kinda angry the most, but makes the best facial expressions. He will take a pacifier sometimes. Usually though, he sucks a few times, realizes nothing is coming out, and then spits it out and gives us an angry cry.

His cry is the angriest sounding, and is the loudest of the three. He also tends to snort when he cries. He has the most distinctive cry of the three.

CARTER
Weight: Approx. 9 lbs.

He is the fussiest of the three, and seems to like being held the most. He is not necessarily a mama's boy or daddy's boy...he's a "I just want ANYONE to hold me - boy!' lol! You will think he is calm and ready to be laid down, and then as you walk him to their room, he will quickly open his eyes and peek at you, letting you know that he knows what you are about to do! His only nick-name for now is, 'fussy pants' lol!

Carter has the most sensitive digestive system. He has to be fed slowly (although he sucks fast, so you have to help him eat slowly), and he has to be burped often. He (and his brother Cooper) are the most likely to spit up on you.

Carter's cry is similar to Coopers...but not quite as sad sounding.

Group shot. I guess getting dressed and having their pictures taken really wore them out.

Our current schedule is that they eat every 3-4 hours. They eat about 3.5-4 oz. each feeding. I'm pumping as much as I can, so they get about half breast milk, and half formula in a 24 hr. time period. I thought I'd be more motivated to work on increasing my supply...but I just can't seem to find the time. So, for now, I'm satisfied with them getting half and half. It's a bit overwhelming to think of myself pumping for a year...so for now, I don't have any plans for how long I will and will want to pump.

I am able to feed all three by myself and care for them on my own. Although it's nice during the week to have an extra person to help here and there. During the night I'm pretty efficient and have a system down for getting them all fed and back to sleep on my own, too.

During the day, they are awake for about an hour or so, and then I usually lay them down for naps. It seems to be working ok for now. Most of the time at least two of them will sleep for a good hour or two...and on good days all three will sleep! Usually one will boycott nap though, and I just got an Ergo carrier so I can still have both hands and can carry whoever is boycotting nap. Between their 7pm and 10pm is their 'witching hour.' Usually one or two is fussy...it makes for a long three hours. But, we are surviving!

For now, Cooper is in a crib, and Carter and Tucker are in the rock-n-plays for sleeping They all seem to like being swaddled for now. Occasionally they will all, or two of them will share the crib together. I am sleeping in their room with them for convenience for all of us. I plan to do so until they are sleeping more regularly through the night. It works best for all of us, and so I can tend to their cries so that M doesn't wake up either.

I am actually getting SOME sleep. :) I usually get about 2-3 hours in a row twice during the night. After their 10pm feed, they are usually up around 2am and then again around 6am to eat. Their 2am feeding is the longest since I pump after feeding them. I try and nap once during the day...but I usually end up skipping the nap in favor of relaxing or doing other stuff like cleaning or office work.

At 6 weeks (since this is when I'm finally writing this) they are all growing out of newborn size clothing. It still fits Cooper of course...but they are all kinda right in-between newborn and the 0-3 month sizes. I will probably be washing the next size clothing this week or next. They are also now in size 1 diapers. Eeeee...I can't believe they are already pretty much out of 'newborn' size stuff!!! Cooper could probably still be in newborn..but we ran out, and I'm making the size 1s work for now.

Of course M had to get in on the photos! Madison is SO great with all her brothers! She loves fetching and throwing away diapers, and taking their empty bottles to the sink. She also loves on them and gives them lots of snuggles.

Happy ONE MONTH, boys!
(Can't believe we're already half way to TWO months!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment