4.26.2014

Triplets - Three Months Old

The boys are three months old! THREE MONTHS! (We've survived!!!)
 
One of my most recent favorite pictures of the boys.
(Tucker, Carter, & Cooper)
 
 
This past month has been pretty exciting as they all started smiling, cooing, making great eye contact and interacting with us when they are awake. Their little personalities are really starting to develop.
 
Cooper has become more of the 'whiner' of the group - but the best sleeper. I still call him our "little guy" but he's about the same size as his brothers now. Tucker remains the 'angel' baby - he cries the least and is most content most of the time - therefore he is probably held the least :-( I always feel kind of bad for him because of that. Carter is our emotional guy - either really happy or really sad/angry. It seems like the twins cry together sometimes, or feed off of each other...their crying doesn't seem to affect Tucker.
 
They were all looking at the same thing...just not the camera.
 
I tried to move to get them to look at me, and they all turned their eyes to something else. Already avoiding the Mama-razzi.

Carter was the first to roll belly to back.

Tucker was the first to laugh. We think he is a bit ticklish under this chin and around his neck. His laugh is the BEST.
 
Carter will stick his tongue out at you if you do it first.
 
Cooper will almost always laugh at and attempt to blow raspberries if you do it.

Tucker smiles during his feedings. Sometimes I have to divert eye contact and not give him any attention so he will stay on task and just eat. He's been a lazy eater lately...and we have really had to work to make sure he eats. Maybe he just enjoys the attention during the feedings...who knows.

Cooper sucks on his hand/fingers the loudest. Both Cooper and Carter like sucking on their hands. This picture of Cooper and Carter both sucking on their hand cracks me up. I always think, they look like twins - oh yeah, they are! lol!

Carter and Cooper both rolled over (belly to back) on 4/9/2014. Tucker still seems to have no interest in rolling, although he can lift his head and chest fairly well.
 
Tucker has discovered his hand. He stares at it a lot now.
 
They are all still in 3 month clothing, although, they will soon be in the next size. Same with diapers...still in size 1, but I think we'll be in 2s soon!
 
Just this week I decided to go cold turkey and get rid of the Rock N Plays for Carter and Tucker. They were doing almost all their sleeping in those, and I knew I should be transitioning them soon. So far night sleeping in the cribs in going well...naps on the other hand...ugh.
 
Their weights are a rough estimate - they are all around 14-15 lbs. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
They are still eating every 4 hours (5-6 oz.) during the day. They have their last bottle around 8:45pm, and then can make it until 3:30/4am or so. Usually one wakes around 2 am and needs to be consoled. They have even made it to 5am a few times!
 
I am still pumping...I have a love/hate relationship with pumping right now. I love supplying them with breast milk and saving money. I hate the time it takes and my constant worry about the supply. My supply has dipped a bit with their longer nighttime sleeping...I'm trying to build it back up, but we shall see how things go.
 
We had our first trip to the mall. Lotsa looks and a few questions...it was during the day on a week day so the mall wasn't overly crowded. I don't think I could handle a weekend crowd. They do not like their car seats UNLESS they are moving. They fuss until the car or stroller is moving...but are pretty good once they are on the move!
 
Madison continues to be the most patient and loving big sister. She loves to hold them and will still fetch diapers for me or take their empty bottles to the sink. She still requests for them to go everywhere with her (I have to tell her no a lot!) Her brothers love her and enjoy watching her and talking to her. If they are fussing she can almost always go and talk to one and he will quite for a few moments for her.
 
We are still having (and appreciating) help from about 5-9 in the evenings. I can handle them on my own still during the day. I'm slowly moving their last feeding up earlier as they sleep longer since they are pretty fussy in the evenings. Their 'witching hour' is crazy sometimes...but we are surviving, and I always tell myself - this too shall pass. :)
 
Happy Three Months to the Smyser Trio!
(This picture cracks me up!)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment