4.02.2014

Triplets - Two Months Old

The triplets are TWO months old (already)!!!
(Ok...technically they are about 10 weeks old by the time I'm posting this. Oh well. I'm not sure if I'll ever post their monthly updates on time...)


The photo shoot didn't go so well. They were tired, and they don't really follow directions or have body control yet, so....yeah. Their outfits were a bit too big...but were picked out by Josh! :)

They all are starting to smile more (especially for Josh and M) and making the sweetest cooing, baby sounds. It melts my heart every. single. time. Josh gets the best smiles from them! I'm working on getting pictures of their smiles to post.

They are (were) all eating 4 oz. seven times during a 24 hr. time period. They are still getting 4 breast milk bottles and 3 formula bottles. In the next few weeks, I'm hoping to transition to a 4 hour feeding schedule.

**Actually, just this week I started a 4 hour schedule with more ounces per bottle during the day. (Next on the list is to cut the 3am feeding. Then, I'll transition Tucker and Carter to their cribs (they are in Rock-n-Plays). Oh, sleeping woes of parenting...always something.) They seem to be doing ok. There's been a couple rough half hour time increments when I have to hold them off. But, overall, we're surviving. And, I'm glad to have one less feeding during the day.

They really sleep fairly well I think. They have a bottle around 10pm, and then usually around 3am and then 6:30am. They usually go down fairly easily between those bottles, so I do get a couple good chunks of sleep each night.

On Monday (the 24th of March) they all had their 2 month check up. They are all healthy and doing well! We are SO so SO thankful. They also had to have 3 shots and an oral vaccine. :(  Poor babies. Surprisingly, they did pretty well! They cried at the office, but were done crying by the time we were in the car, and they seemed to have no other side effects once home.

Cooper and Carter have flat spots on the back of their heads, and will be re-checked at their next appointment in 2 months. But for now, I try and keep them off their backs as much as possible when they are awake, and I try and let Cooper have one nap on his belly in the living room (where I can watch him). Poor guys! The doctor didn't see any thing of medical/health concern with their heads, just more cosmetic. I'm hoping it will work itself out.

They are all around 22 inches long. I forgot to record their actual lengths from the nurse. Oh well - second, third, fourth - triplet child syndrome. :-) I would have had M's length memorized down to an eighth of an inch probably. I still don't have the boys' birth weights memorized.

Amyways, Cooper is the lightest, and he is somewhere around the 30% for weight on the full-term growth charts, so we are doing well!!!

They are all in size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes. They all seem to enjoy bath time. They all enjoy being awake between the hours of 7:30pm and 9:30pm for their 'witching hour.'

 
 COOPER
11 lbs. (Yep...he sure loves having his picture taken.)

He is still our peanut...but is catching up to his brothers.
He occasionally finds his hands during tummy time and sucks on his fingers the loudest!
He seems to be the one most against swaddling. I find him most often with one arm free.
I think he and his twin like crying together. *sigh* He has the saddest frown face.
His is obsessed with our living room light. Seriously...he is ALWAYS looking at it when he can.

TUCKER
12 lbs. 4 oz. (We love our meatball!)

He is our 'easy' baby. Usually the most content. Usually sleeps the longest.
Slowest at drinking his bottle, but spits up the least, too.
Does not really take a pacifier.
Does not care for the swing.
Still has the loudest cry...but the most expressive eye brows. :)

CARTER
11 lbs. 13 oz. (Like his twin...he loves picture time, too!)

He is still our fussy baby...although his twin is working towards taking his title I think.
He drinks the fastest...and is most likely to spit up a bit.
He seems to be the strongest with his head control, and we think he'll be the first mover of the bunch.
He likes the swing. Until he doesn't like it. Then, he cries...really loud.
He likes a pacifier the most. Easiest way to sooth him back to sleep at night.


We've had a couple outings to playdates and to the park. I wish the weather would warm up already so I can start walking more outside!

Their first trip to a park!

And their second trip.


Random thought - I regularly refer to the boys as Coop-ee, Cart-ee, and Tuck-ee with Josh. However, with Madison I never call her Mad-ee. That's weird, right?!

And, a final fun picture of Cooper crying, Tucker bein annoyegd, and Carter pretending to sleep (he cried right after this shot).

No comments:

Post a Comment