Here she is on her last day of PreK. The boys and I were dropping her off.
Here she on her way to her Open House that was last night. She loves her TMNT backpack. We met her teacher and she was able to see her classroom and drop off her supplies.
And...she now has a LOCKER. I was doing so well...I wanted to cry when the teacher told me we should go try out her locker though. She's too little for a locker...right?!?!?!?
She was so excited she got mad when we had to leave!
This morning, we headed to her first official day of Kindergarten!
We almost forgot to snap a picture with her Scooby Doo lunch box.
I wasn't too emotional about sending her to Kindergarten in part because she attended full-day PreK at the same school...so I knew we were both somewhat comfortable with the building (lunch room, recess, gym, etc.) and staff. I think it also helps that is a smaller school and she knew several of her classmates from last year.
There was a brief meeting for the parents. It was fun hearing about all the things they will be learning this year. Madison is really anxious to learn to read, and I can't wait to watch her discover how the letters and sounds makes words. I know she will be thrilled as she learns to read! They will have homework a couple times a week, too.
I may or may not have shed a tiny tear when I read this poem her teacher included in our packet of information.
Overall though...while it's definitely heart-wrenching watching your babies grow into children...it's also such a fun adventure to watch them learn and develop their independence as an individual. I am so excited to hear all her stories about her school days. She's a talkative little girl...and I know she's going to have a lot of fun and learn SO much.
Today she attended school with half of her classmates. The other half attends tomorrow (so she has the day off), and then she will be back with her whole class Friday.
She told me today she had fun. That she didn't have enough time to eat her Goldfish crackers at lunch. That her favorite part of the day was recess.
My Dad also asked her if she needed help with something this afternoon. Her reponse, "I can do it myself. I'm a Kindergartner now!"
A few of my random thoughts to end this:
1) I'm still kind of in denial that someone won't be walking her to her room and picking her up and signing her in and out every day. The teachers are meeting the children at the door...but eventually as the year goes on, they will be allowed to walk to their room alone. ALONE.
2) She's in Kindergarten. KINDERGARTEN
3) Did I mention I have a Kindergartner (is that word) now???!!!???
4) Ok, seriously...isn't she too young for a locker?










No comments:
Post a Comment