One of the most memorable moments for Josh and me was when Baby Smyser had the hiccups! We were told that was a good sign of lung development. I never though hiccups would be so cute...until now.
I have carefully studied this foot picture. I think most of you know Josh has the flattest feet in the world. And, my weird foot feature is that my big toe is shorter than my second toe. We've figured no matter what, Baby Smyser will likely have some unique feet! Of course it's still too early to determine specific features like that...so, time will tell!
Here's a picture of the front of Baby Smyser's face. You can see that it's, yes, I said "it's," right hand is up near it's cheek.
So, the the ultrasound technician told us that she never felt she had as clear of a view as she would have liked, or that she's had with other viewings (I guess Baby Smyser listened to it's mom!), but if she had to determine the sex of Baby Smyser from that day's viewing alone, she was going with female. She said while she never saw testicles, they could have been hiding or missed due the angle of Baby Smyser. It was hard for me to tell how confident she was, as I know it's her job to tell us that she can never been 100% accurate. So...while we are leaning towards Baby Smyser being a girl...and Josh personally feels confident we're having a girl...I'm still on the fence.
At this point, we aren't scheduled and won't have another ultrasound unless the need arises. We also haven't decided yet if we'll be doing a 3D ultrasound for sure...so, I guess for now, all I feel comfortable saying is: "We're having a girl! But there is still a slight chance it's a boy!"
Oh, and some favorite quotes said by the wonderful husband:
* "It looks like an alien." (Referring to the face pictures.)
* "It's taking after Daddy already." (Referring to my comment about it's big belly.)
* "It looks like it's laying in a tomb." (Referring to the first picture I posted.)
P.S. Some days...I still can't believe I have a human growing inside of me! Ahhhh!



Congrats guys!! The pictures are amazing!! Just to let you know, they told me that "there were no signs that it's a boy" when I was pregnant with Cam. How wrong they were! I guess the goods can hide sometimes. Either way, he/she looks great!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!! I'm sure you're both very excited. I agree, it's got to be weird knowing there is a human inside of you. I have to say, I LOVE Josh's comments about the pictures. I'm so glad you shared those as we can all hear him saying them.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything is going great!! (Good luck with the feet! :) My toes are like yours too Meg. My second toe is longer than the first... I think that means we're really smart! :) )
I love the pictures of the baby. Can't wait to see and hear more. Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongrats.... ultra sounds are so awesome, Jaylyn had the hiccups too. and I saw her bring her open hand to her mouth to suck her thumb, doc named that pic thumb sucker.Well thanks for sharing the Baby Smyser latest..She looks great!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou guys should definately do the 3D ultra sound.. We had one done with Matthew and you can totally see what baby will look like outside of your belly! It's totally worth it!
ReplyDelete