3.13.2010

My First Belly Picture!

For the past few weeks, I didn't think I was noticeably showing. I just thought I looked like I ate one too many banana splits. Ha! Well, this week (week 18), I feel like my belly really "popped" out and Baby Smyser decided to make his/her appearance more known to the world. Josh even commented a couple nights ago out of nowhere, "Wow, your belly is huge!" (Probably the only time in my life this comment wasn't followed with me punching him in the face.) I do feel like it's huge...and I know it's just going to get bigger! It's hard to imagine, but very exciting, too!

Overall, I've been feeling pretty good. However, for the past few days I've been fighting a cold that Josh gave me. I still feel pretty yucky, but I hope to feel better soon! This is the second time I've been sick this winter!

Our first ultrasound is Wednesday, only 4 more days! We are beyond excited. As of now, we are still going to find out if it's a boy or girl. I'd actually really like to wait and be surprised, and I try to convince Josh to be surprised everyday, but so far, I am losing that battle. So, I'm trying to communicate to the baby to keeps it's legs crossed all day Wednesday, so we'll see who he/she listens to.

Well, here's the picture.

On the agenda for next week (besides the ultrasound), is finally removing my belly button ring! I've had it pierced for 10 years and have never changed it from the ring it was pierced with. Now, I can't seem to get it out...so...yeah...

6 comments:

  1. Aww, you look fantastic!

    and ha! Good luck with that belly button ring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! Adorable baby belly and not big at all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sucks that you probably had to quit drinking because of the baby...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so cute!! Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! By the way, Lexy "knows" that it's a girl! Cam's hoping for a boy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I love your red wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your belly looks so cute! I can't wait to come see you guys in a couple weeks! Hope you feel better soon, it's always harder fighting off a cold while being prego

    ReplyDelete