3.26.2010

Shopping for Baby and Mommy

Thursday I headed to Williamsburg, IA with Tracy and Bev for a day of shopping at the outlet mall. I actually hate shopping in general, so it was my goal to get ALL the main pieces I'd need for maternity wear for the summer. I am happy to report I feel that it was a success!

Usually, my main stops at the outlet are Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. but today, Motherhood Maternity was the only place to be for me! I was able to get 3 pairs of capris, 2 comfy pairs of yoga pants, a cardigan, and 8 short sleeve and sleeveless tops! Can you tell I like black? Tracy and Bev were super generous and thoughtful and purchased some of the pieces for me as an early birthday gift. THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

I am sure I will pick up a few more tops here and there this summer, but I'm really happy with everything we were able to find, and at such good prices, too! I also got some cute new undies and bras after Tracy and Bev would basically not let me leave without "pregnancy underwear and bras." They mentioned it so many times that I finally decided to buy them just to get them to leave me alone about it. And to clarify again, as I told them as well several times..."Yes, I appreciate you two mentioning that, and I know I will need new bras and undies. I agree, I just wasn't planning on buying those with my mother-in-law and grandma-in-law!" (Ha! Love you, Tracy and Bev!) Sorry if this is TMI!

And of course we checked out the baby clothing stores. Tracy had a hard time containing herself, but Bev and I kept her in check. :-) It was a good thing we weren't sure of the sex of the baby because I think we all would have wanted to buy more if we knew for sure.

I'm so happy to show you Baby Smyser's first onsies (from Grandma Tracy) and bibs (from Great Grandma Bev)!

I'm *thinking* of going with a yellow/duckie or zoo animal accented theme for the nursery now. Those were the clothes and accessories at the stores that really stuck out the most for me. Anyways, that's not final...just my initial thoughts regarding the theme.

Well, this is the end of my 20th week. I'm halfway done...and I can't believe it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment