4.25.2010

Thanks, Grandpa Dave!

Yesterday my Dad went with me to purchase the stroller/car seat combo Josh and I had decided on for Baby Smyser. (Josh had to work so he couldn't come.) Dad was surprised at how many options and other stuff is out there now for babies...I guess it has been over 25 years since he's really had to think about that!

There was some minor assembly required, and I'm glad Dad stuck around to help me out (I think Josh was glad too).

Winky was initially scared of the stroller and stayed away while we assembled it. Once it was all put together and sitting in the dining room Winky even growled at it...which is strange because I think that is the first time I've ever heard him growl! I made him come and sniff it and lay by it, and while he still seems cautious about it, he hasn't growled since. I told Winky he better get used to it because later this year, Baby Smyser will be joining us on our walks in this stroller! I plan on keeping it in the house for a while so he can just get used to it.

After posing for this picture, I asked Josh, "How do I look?" (Always a risky question to ask husband.) He said, "Like a Mom."

I have to admit...I'm still getting used to the fact that I am (going to be) a Mom (of a human that is...ha)!

2 comments:

  1. Michelle Kerley-LehtinenApril 25, 2010 at 11:25 AM

    You are going to be a great Mom!! And, I love that stroller...I have seen it out and about and it always catches my eye!! Wait until you are looking for the DOUBLE stroller! :-)

    ReplyDelete