5.23.2010

3d/4d Ultrasound Recap

Say, "Hello," to Baby Smyser!

(I think if you click on the picture, it will enlarge if you'd like.)

Baby Smyser was a bit uncooperative in a sense because she refused to look straight on towards the "camera." She was just too comfy I guess where she was. She was positioned with her head on my left, and she was facing up towards my face...if that makes sense.... It made sense to me because most of the major movement I feel is towards the middle and right side of my belly. Later, as Josh and I were talking about her position, he said, "That's a looong time to be laying down like that!" I asked him how, and if, he expected her to be "standing" up inside there?! He's so funny sometimes!

She also kept her arms/hands near her face most of the time. Although we weren't able to get a great full face picture, we were able to get several profile pictures. We were also able to see her make some facial expressions and move her mouth. I think it kind of look likes she is smiling in this one!

Since she enjoyed having her hands in fists near her face so much, we decided to keep a picture of her little fist. She looks like she is flexing in this one!

We tried rubbing/jiggling her a couple times to get her to move, and she did move...just not the ways we wanted her too! One time she even turned her head (so she was facing my back) so all we could see was the back of her head.

I said she was being feisty...and Josh said, "Uh oh, she's being stubborn just like her mother!" Isn't he hilarious?! Here she is covering her face...I imagined her thinking, "No more pictures, please...can't I just go back to sleep already?!"

Overall, we had a wonderful experience Saturday! Tracy, my Dad and my Brother were able to attend as well. It was great to hear the heartbeat again, too. I can't believe the next time we will "see" this little baby will be when she is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment