Winnie the Pooh
Tubby little cubby all stuffed with fluff
We finally registered this past Saturday. I had my mind set on a zoo animal theme and bedding...but, my husband can be pretty persuasive, so Winnie the Pooh it is! :-) This is just a picture from the Babies R Us website of the bedding and other accessories. I know it looks more boy-ish in this picture and there is a lot of blue in the bedding, but we still felt it's pretty neutral overall. I'm accenting more with green (and some pink)...and keeping the walls in the nursery a neutral tan color.
Many of you know I went through a Winnie the Pooh phase during high school...brought on by Josh. One of the first gifts he gave me when we started dating was a Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal that he got when he went to Disney World before meeting me. After that, it became tradition for him to give me Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals that were dressed up and related to holidays and other themes...I've lost count of how many I have! He also proposed to me with the help of Winnie the Pooh. Eventually, I became so sick of Winnie the Pooh and so sick of having so many stuffed animals and other Winnie stuff that I had to tell Josh and family that I was over Winnie!
Below is the first Pooh bear he gave me and the proposal Winnie.
So, while I am still not quite the Winnie the Pooh fan I was before, I am happy with our choice for the nursery. Josh completely won me over by expressing the meaning Winnie had for him and for us because of our history. It was so....endearing, I swear it made me love Josh even more than I already do. How could I say no to him?
I know that someday we will give the first Winnie the Pooh Josh gave me to our daughter, and I can't wait until she's old enough for me to explain everything. :-)
Wow...sorry this entry ended up so sappy! That's so not like me! Ha! Ha!

No comments:
Post a Comment