2.17.2011

Day of Firsts for M and M

This morning Madison tried carrots for the first time. :) And, I even prepared them for her. So, today was a day of firsts for both of us!

First, I steamed some organic baby carrots. Yes, I had to buy a steamer last week...and yes, this morning I had to google, "how to use a steamer basket." After they were soft, I used the good ol' Magic Blender and blended them along with some breast milk until smooth. Done! (I love my Magic Blender!)

Her first bite!

She loved them and ate the whole portion!

Lastly, I froze the leftovers for the rest of the week. Just a few minutes ago, I took them out (they popped out just like ice-cubes) and stored them in a freezer bag. Do you like the shot of M's angry face in the background?

After a few days, we'll try something new.
You tell me...what should she try next?
Sweet potato? Or banana?

Crawling update:
She's SO, SO, SO close to crawling. For the past couple days, she has moments where she gets on all fours and just rocks back and forth. It's hilarious. I need to try and catch it on video...

3 comments:

  1. Wow, it is magnificent you are doing the natural food. I bet she would love the sweet potatoes if she ate carrots. But banana's are usually a kid pleaser. She looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade baby food is amazing. Plums are probably my favorite with the runner up being avacados. We have a book at home that has foods (and prep instructions) that you should try and different combinations as they get older.

    If I can find it I'll post the name and a few of its recommendations.

    ReplyDelete