To start: A video of Miss M rockin' and (not) rollin'
Today we had what I would consider a fantastic - ideal - out of the ordinary - probably never gonna happen again - kind of day. :) (Minus the fact that Josh wasn't with us.)
6:30am: She woke up and Daddy got to hold her and cuddle for a few minutes. Then I nursed her, and I laid her back down. I watched her play and try to crawl for 10-15 minutes in her crib, and then she went back to sleep (yay) so I had time to shower, start laundry, and eat breakfast. Wohoo!
8am: She woke up. ADT guy is here, so we followed him around and try to pretend we know what he's talking about as he's explaining stuff...
8:20am: She gets an impromptu bath once I realized some of her spit up from earlier this morning got in her hair and is crusty...ewww...sorry M! I did nurse her in the dark...so cut me some slack. After her bath, she played in her activity center while I picked up the house.
9am: I fed her cereal.
9:15am: Play time on the floor (gotta work on getting that crawling down!) I was able to finish laundry, load dishwasher, organize my day,, make shopping list, order a couple things on-line, FB, check email, etc.
10:15am: I went to Walmart, returned home, AND got everything unloaded, AND got a few quick things done down in the office, while she napped the WHOLE time in her car seat!
Noon: I scarfed down some lunch while M played.
12:15pm: I nursed her.
1pm: M ate some carrots
1:2opm: Madison played in her jumper for a bit (maybe for 20 minutes) while I worked in the office...once she's bored of that, it's more play time upstairs, we sang songs, I tickled her, we sent Daddy a picture of M playing, I watched some dvr'd show...the usual...
3pm-4:15pm She napped...the whole time. This is SO unusual for her to take such a long afternoon nap! I watched a bit of Oprah (10 minutes), thought about going down to walk on the treadmill, and ended up working down in the office instead.
4:15pm: I nursed her.
4:45pm: M and I played on the floor, read books, watched the dogs act crazy, watched the rest of the Oprah that I dvr'd, I started my post, decided what to cook heat up for dinner for Josh later...
6:15pm: Mmm.... Rice w/apple cereal for M!
6:30 pm: Normally, this is M's "iffy-crabby time," but I worked on this post for a bit while she played in her walker in the kitchen...she got antsy, so I carried and danced with her for a while, then I threw placed her in her activity center with Sesame Street on, so I can work on this post more. That lasted for about 5 minutes...
7pm: Ok, she's tired of entertaining herself. I abandon my blog post, and work on entertaining her for. We watch the doggies more, I let her pet Winky, let Winky lick her hands (they both LOVE this), immediately wash her hands, dance with her some more, bounce her on my lap, make funny faces in the mirror, check my phone every 5 minutes to see how long before Josh gets home, the usual...
7:50pm: Josh gets home! Yay! Baby and Daddy time for a few minutes, then I nurse her for the final time today.
8:30pm Lay my sleepy girl in her crib...night night!
NOW: Dinner for me and finishing this post, followed by some Bachelor on TV!
To Clarify: I am VERY thankful to be a stay-at-home Mommy, and I do value ALL my days with M...usually...haha...
She is changing and learning so many new things SO quickly! If I don't record this somewhere, I feel like I'll forget it! Just today, I realized how much she likes playing "peek-a-boo."
I just forgot something else about her that I wanted to record...geesh...oh yeah, oh yeah...she's found her thumbs, and I've caught her sucking her thumb briefly a few times this last week...as much as it annoys me...it's also annoyingly cute...I've been trying to catch a picture of it, so we'll see...ok, gotta go and spend some time with the husband!
No comments:
Post a Comment