2.13.2011

Six Months!

Happy Half-Birthday, Miss Madison!!!
I can't BELIEVE our baby girl is 6 months old!

After Pooh's honey...as usual.

Ok, on to some updates...

Food: She still nurses 5 (sometimes 6) times day. She gets rice or rice/apple cereal for dinner. We are starting her with veggies THIS week. I'm making her some sweet potato tomorrow! Can't wait for her to start trying new foods! Yes, I'm planning on making her purees...we'll see how long that lasts, but it seems pretty do-able. I'm sure there will be future blog posts regarding me making baby food!


Sleep: Still going well. She naps twice a day (but times vary from 30-90 minutes). Usually one longer nap and one shorter nap. She still fusses herself to sleep, although usually not for long...still has some bad days, but overall, we're pretty good. I'm so glad she's in her crib, but I have to admit I miss snuggling her.

Teething: No teeth. Lots of drooling and chewing. We think we see a tiny bit of her bottom left tooth in her gum, so I'm thinking that will be her first tooth down the road...we shall see.


Motor Skills: She is NOT crawling...yet...but she is SO close! Sometimes she manages to wiggle herself backwards. We think she will start moving forward any day now.

(Mom's cell phone is great incentive for her!)

She is able to push off the sides of her crib and she gets her self moving all around in there. She'll start her night laying in one direction, and she will have moved 180 degrees by morning.

She sits by herself pretty well, but still falls over after a bit, usually because she is leaning to grab for something.

She holds and shakes her toys, and tries to put almost everything in her mouth. It's hard for her germ-a-phobe, lysol wipe lovin' Mama to get used to...but I'm coping.

I can no longer wear my hair down, ever. If I do, she will constantly get her fingers in it, and she LOVES grabbing it and pulling it.

Like most babies, she loves playing and holding on to her feet. She even puts her toes in her mouth...it cracks me up! I've been told that Josh did that as a baby...like father like daughter.

Personality: She really is a very happy and playful baby. She loves giggling and smiling. She has definitely learned to use her voice and makes distinct sounds when she's frustrated or wanting something. But overall, she's pretty easy-going. She is a pretty content baby, but she has her chatty moments. No real distinctive words or sounds yet. I am strongly considering teaching her some simple signs though.

Size: She is about 19 lbs. and roughly 26-27 inches...it's hard keeping her still to measure her height. She is currently in 9 mo. clothes (Carter brand anyways). She has started to thin out, but is still rockin' the pot belly and thunder thighs. :)

Such a big girl. I can't believe how much she changes so quickly.


I am having her pictures professionally taken next weekend, and I am SO excited!

Also, I will post some new videos of her later this week, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment