8.15.2011

12 Months

The pictures were taken on her birthday, but I'm just getting time to complete her 12 month post now.

My last sticker. :( All my email updates are now about my ONE year old TODDLER. :( Josh is happy to call her a toddler...I'm still calling her my BABY...so there.


Kissing Winnie! Such a sweet girl!

She's around 29 inches and 24 pounds. I'll get official numbers at her one-year appointment this Friday. She wears 12 month and 18 month clothes...size 3 diapers (but size 4 at night).

So, where to begin...

MOTOR SKILLS
By now she is walking great...and can run (I guess it's more like walking fast when I am chasing her). I noticed she can back up and walk backwards, too.

She just started to point last week! It's not a regular motion, but it's pretty darn cute.

She has also started having mini-tantrums, and she regularly runs from me when she knows I'm coming to take something from her or to change her diaper. FUN! :) NOT!

She can wave, slap her knee (to call for the dog), and sign for "more" and "all done." Although her signing is mostly when I ask her to, not on her own.

Gives hugs and kisses (when she wants to of course).

Dances and bounces to music and Josh's singing.

Runs to me and hugs my legs. Which in turn makes my heart fill with SO much adoration for her.

Opens drawers and cupboards, can dump her buckets of toys and blocks...basically, she's an expert at driving her Mama crazy with all the clutter from toys making a mess .

She is ALWAYS on the move!

TEETH
She now has 5 teeth showing (three on the bottom and her top two middle ones), and three more just starting to pop through. Again, teething has been no biggie for us. *KNOCK ON WOOD*

SLEEP
Goes to bed around 8:30ish and wakes around 7am-ish. Takes two naps a day. She's doing great!

FOOD
She LOVES cheese...mac 'n' cheese, grilled cheese, slices of cheese, cottage cheese...

Nursing 3 times a day...She has taken to drinking whole milk like a champ. Just last week, I dropped her dinner time nursing and just gave her milk. It went well, and I'm SO glad. Starting this week I will limit her lunch nursing session, and then by the end of this weekend, we'll hopefully drop that one, too. I'll probably do another post on weaning (I hate that word) later on so I don't have to get into here...

Just this week I let her start holding a spoon while I'm feeding her. She can get the spoon to her mouth if I dip it/fill it first. Such a big girl!

DIAPER RASH
Ugh...never had to deal with this until this last month! Poor girl. Actually, it was never that bad, I just felt bad for her when her little bottom started getting a bit red. I'm not sure if it is related to the teething or what?! But it's nothing a bit of diaper cream and naked time after baths at night can't fix in a day or so...

BATHS
OMG. She HATES them. I hate them. Let's hope she grows out of this...like SOON!

TV/BOOKS
She loves Yo Gabba Gabba, the Fresh Beat Band, Blues Clues (which I can't stand), and Moose and Zee on Nick Jr. Also loves WWHL with Andy Cohen (from me) and Conan (from Josh)! It's pretty funny...she laughs regularly throughout both shows!

She also likes "reading" books. She picks a book and brings it to me and then turns to sit in my lap. LOVE it. But, once you start reading, be prepared to read for a while...usually the same book over and over.

*Note: I don't just park her in front of the TV all day...just some days. :)

TALKING/SOUNDS
Not much to report. She doesn't say Mom, or Mama much anymore...she still hasn't said DaDa...we don't think. Oh well. She regularly says, "Ba" for her ball and banana.

She does scream and jabber. It's a bit embarrassing when she screams at random customers who are ignoring her at HyVee to get their attention. People, if you just wave and smile at her, she'd leave ya alone!

She also fake coughs and can click her tongue. She has a fake laugh that's pretty funny!

Sorry I didn't post a lot of pictures...it's hard to take pictures of her now because she is ALWAYS moving, and I am ALWAYS chasing her. Also, she doesn't really like it...see below.

I am trying to get back to taking more pictures and posting more regularly again. I have a lot of ideas for posts...just need to get them done!

Madison is such a fun-loving, easy-going, happy baby! We are SO lucky and would love her just the same if she wasn't....I think...HAHA KIDDING! I'm pretty sure she's just ensuring she'll get a baby brother or sister someday in the DISTANT future. :) I really should do a whole post on what our first year as parents was like....

**Her birthday party last Saturday was SO much fun! I will be doing a party post later this week.**

No comments:

Post a Comment