Rain in Clinton, Iowa = Family Fun Day for the Smyser's!
I had been wanting to take M to the Zoo all summer, but knew it might be hard to find time so that Daddy could join us, so when he called me Saturday morning letting me know he was on his way home...I knew we had to do something fun, just the 3 of us! So, after her nap, we headed to Niabi Zoo!
We started with the train ride. And, on this day Madison was still under one (because then she was free...I know right...our first family lie...all to save like 2 bucks or something!).
She was unsure at first (as you can see in her face in this picture), but ended up liking it. Later as we walked around the zoo, she enjoyed waving at the other people and kids riding the train.
Then, we headed to the Petting Zoo area. I am still paranoid so I wouldn't let her touch or feed the animals. Josh was bummed. Oh well...he got over it. She LOVED watching Daddy feed the goats. This was definitely her favorite part of the zoo.
(Also, we learned how to get free animal food pellets from those gumball machines that take quarters (from some other Dad there with like 4 kids)...again, as if we couldn't afford the quarters to get the silly food, we were such rebels this day. Geesh!)
We walked around a bit, but as expected, most of the animals were in their houses as it got pretty warm that afternoon. We didn't even get to see the real elephants, but this will have to do.
And, of course we had to stop at the Petting Zoo one more time before leaving.
And, I again crushed Josh's hope of letting M pet that goat. Oh well...next year...
(I had more pictures on my camera, but it's currently missing so these pictures from my phone will have to do!)




No comments:
Post a Comment