8.18.2011

Madison's Toy Box

Ok, so I didn't go the toy box route. I should have titled this post "Madison's Toy Storage Unit" (but that's not as cute I don't think). I'm sure she'll get a toy box eventually...but I liked this idea from my friend, Lindsey, since it is in our family room and over time I'll be able to use it for other things as well.

Anyways, ready for WAY too many photos and TMI about my neurotic love for organization???

Of course M wanted to "help" put it together. And of course there was no way I could do this with her running around. It was wishful thinking when I began...

Screamin' at Daddy, "Put away the camera and help out Mama!!!"

Anyways, AFTER she and Josh went to bed, I got back to work in peace and quiet. :) Here it is in place, and as you can see two small baskets were NOT enough. I'm one of those Moms that picks up and puts all her toys away at night. I cannot sleep if I know it's messy out there....

Before: AHHHHHH!!!! CLUTTER!!!!

After: Ahhhh....so much space! I slept like a baby that night.

The top three bins are empty. I went back and forth on how many bins to buy and if I wanted her toys completely out of sight or not...still not sure...but I can always buy more later on if I want. I decided I wanted her to be able to see most of her toys and books for now.

Another close up. Why? Because I'm like that. The books were organized by height. The bottom left bin has balls, blocks, and stackables. The bottom right has all her rattle and baby toys. I realized I could probably put her baby toys away in storage, but that made me sad so they are staying for now. Oh, and all her stuffed animals are in the pastel basket under the end table (where her books used to be). BTW, I hate stuffed animals. Josh keeps buying them for her. *sigh* LOL!

The next morning: "Whoa...what is this???"

"Yay! There's the rest of my toys!"

Madison approves. :)

1 comment:

  1. We just got very similar storage units from Ikea for our family room!

    ReplyDelete