What? Wait? How did this happen!?
I always swore that no matter what...I'd never be that soccer mom driving the dreaded mini-van. And, here I am...(not necessarily a soccer mom...yet(?!) the PROUD new owner of a mini-van. What's next...are some high-waisted Mom-jeans going to find their way into my closet???? Please dear family and friends...if I am ever wearing Mom-jeans...PLEASE intervene!!!
Ok, so back to my original question - how did this happen? How did I find myself sitting at the car dealership signing away my life the paperwork to become a new owner of a Honda Odyssey?
Life happened. M happened.
Isn't she cute back there!?
Obviously purchasing a new vehicle is a HUGE decision. After much research, debate, number crunching and budgeting, and self-reflection, I realized that the reason I didn't want a mini-van was solely due to me feeling like it would somehow tarnish my 'cool-mom' image...an image that I realized I don't really hold anyways (ha!)...and an image that is pretty selfish really.
Ok. More specifically, here's what SOLD me on the Odyssey:
-The push-button/automatic sliding back doors are WONDERFUL. When I'm by myself with M, this small convenience makes the world of difference..
-The roominess inside is GREAT. I can sit inside and change her diaper/clean her up very comfortably. Also, more room for guests to travel with us!
-The MPG were a tad better than the Acadia...and since I live in the country and do a fair amount of highway driving...this does add up.
-The Odyssey has a very smooth and comfortable ride.
-More storage for stuff all of M's junk, I mean stuff.
-The DVD player is a super nice bonus. The DVD screen has the ability to have a split screen. And, it has wireless headphones so in the future my kids (yes, we plan on having more someday) can each watch a movie, and I could still listen to music. Yes, my future kids are already being spoiled?!
A random (and crooked) shot of my view as the driver:
So, even though the Acadia holds the 'coolness' factor for me...the Odyssey had a few more benefits that I would have felt silly choosing the Acadia just because I considered it a 'cooler' car.
And yet, at the end of this post, all I can conclude with is: Uggghhhh. I'm old. :)
Proof: I drive a mini-van. And, I just used the words 'cooler' and 'coolness" in this post.
:) Happy Driving All! And hugs to all my fellow mini-van Mamas!


No comments:
Post a Comment