I realized too late yesterday that it was M's 22 month 'birthday' so I attempted to take some photos of her today. She was pretty uninterested so I didn't get that many great shots of her with her sign, but oh well. Also, it is past 11pm now (way past my bedtime), and I didn't keep great notes of what M has been up to this past month, so bear with me on the updates. In fact...let's just start with the photos. That's the best part anyways! I'll close the post with my mindless babbling about M (and my favorite picture of M from today!).
And then...apparently something was pretty funny.
Eating:
Nothing new really. Except, she now loves Kiwi, and she ate an apple slice. Seriously, I was SO excited she ate an apple slice. I've been trying to get her to eat whole apple slices (instead of just apple sauce all the time) for like forever.
She loves Ritz crackers and those applesauce pouches. And, muffins.
Sleep:
Same ol' sleeping schedule. Except, she's waking closer to 7am now instead of 8am...oh well. Still napping just once every afternoon.
Vocabulary:
Although she's not always clear or consistent, M tries new words a lot when I ask her. I am also really trying to teach her to start stringing two words together. I'm sure she'll get it soon! I am trying to teach her the names of the colors (she can say quite a few). And we're still working on her ABCs.
Her most frequent words used daily are (in no particular order):
Mommy (yes, she started calling me Mommy lately)
Daddy
Mine
No
Uncle
Please
Dat (That)
Nummy
Oooooh
She also loves songs and singing. She more or less hums, but it's singing to her! We sing a lot actually...her favorites are still Old MacDonald, 5 Little Ducks, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and Tiny Tim (the turtle/bubble song).
Play:
She loves being outside! She loves going to the park and swinging, climbing, and going down slides (although she won't go down tube slides just yet). She loves throwing, chasing, and kicking her ball. She likes to run and be chased or chase others. She likes tickling. She loves bubbles. She will sometimes color and enjoys painting, too. She enjoys 'playing' with her doggies and her kitty. She loves her water table and is mildly obsessed with the hose and running water.
Water:
We started Swim Lessons this month! I'm SO glad. She's coming around to the water and hopefully she'll be a 'little fish' after this summer with lessons and plenty of pool time (since we joined a pool and go as a family on Sunday). She loves playing in her bath...but every time I have to wash her hair it's usually NOT fun for either of us.
Funny Stories:
M came up to me one morning with a penny. I had no clue where she got it from.
Me: "Madison, what is that? Oh, hey, that's a penny. Where'd you get that?"
M: Staring straight at me and as serious as ever. She replied, "Uncle."
Her first lie. :) Now, my brother had been over the night before, but I was fairly certain he wouldn't give her money. I texted him just to be sure, and to let him know M told her first lie and implicated him in it!
She loves wearing her rain boots. I hide them from her now.
One day she was looking at one of her books and there was a picture of a muffin. I told her what it was and she was all like, "Oooh....oooo....yummy, nummy, mmm-mmm." It just so happened I had muffins at the house that day, so she got one for a snack, and it seriously made her day...she was jumping up and down she was SO happy to get a muffin. Too cute.
Ok. It's late. Too late. I can't believe I'm up still. Please forgive any grammatical/typo errors...just wanted to get this done! NIGHT!
We love this little munchkin SO much...can't believe she'll be 2 in just 2 more months!!! Ay!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment