6.03.2012

Blue Grass Days & M's First Pet Fish!!!

Josh grew up in Blue Grass, IA, and they host Blue Grass Days (carnival, parade, craft fair, etc.) every year. This year, we decided to introduce M to good ol' Blue Grass Days! Josh and I hadn't been in quite some time either...so it was fun to go this year. 

We met up with our friends (sorry no pictures!) last night and promptly stuffed our faces with the yummy food. Funnel cake and corn dog for me and pork chop sandwich and fries for Josh...oh, and lemonade shake ups and cheese curds, too!!! Sorry no pictures again. M snacked on grapes and Ritz crackers. 

And, then...it was time for the fun for little M and Daddy!!! She was still too little for the rides (which I was ok with), but she LOVED walking around the playing the games with Daddy! 

We started with the Duck Game. 

And she won a hammer.

While we were eating, she saw lots of kids with these balls and she was requesting one ever since...so of course Daddy won her one (and by 'won' I mean paid $3 for a ball I could have gotten at the Dollar Store...anyways...)!

And then...the Gold Fish Game. I was hoping they wouldn't win. And, then I said that out loud and the guy running the game thought it would be funny to give Josh and M a bunch of free ping pong balls...and then, Josh got one in the bowl and won! Of course! I couldn't believe it!!!

Before we left, we went back to pick up the fish.  

Of course she wanted to carry the fish on her own. 

 And, she also LOVED shaking the fish.

Poor fish.

Madison LOVES her fish. She held (shook) him all the way home.
 


When we got home we put him in a vase. 

Daddy, M, and Fish.

We'll see how long he survives (probably not long since we don't have any fish food either)....

No comments:

Post a Comment