I was seriously mad at my BabyCenter email update earlier this week. The subject line read: My Preschooler This Week: Your 2 Year Old. Um. She's a toddler, ok. OK?! I am just coming to terms with calling her a toddler...and then they go and spring "Preschooler" on me?! No way!
She was actually in the mood for me to take a few pictures to start with! I can't believe she's too tall and gets in the way of her sign!!!
Sitting down so I can see her sign.
Anyways, we went to the doctor on Monday and she's in the 95th percentile for weight and height. She weighs around 32 lbs. and is around 36 inches tall. She's 3 feet tall!!! I think I'll be buying her 3T clothes for the most part...especially for anything I want to last through the winter. 2T fits her great right now.
This last month has brought LOTS of verbal growth for M. She now says LOTS of words (too many to list them all), and is more willing to (try to) say new words when we ask her. She is also finally stringing two words together without me prompting her in between.
Some of her newest favorite words that we hear often are:
Pay (for play)
Shide (for outside)
Fry (for french fry and for fly...)
Yesh (yes)
Bike
(Can you tell our little girl LOVES being outside!)
She is also great at saying, "Yesh, peas." So cute!
Her newest favorite skill is jumping. The girl LOVES jumping. She's great at it, too!
She loves painting with water. This keeps her busy outside a lot and for a long time.
Pouting about something...
She still enjoys stickers and coloring. She loves watching her shows on TV. She also likes books.
She still LOVES the park and being pushed in the swing. She can swing on the big girls swings now too. She's growing up too fast...
No real progress on potty training...same as last month, but I think she's probably ready. She's more purposeful before bed when she uses her potty. She's comfortable with the words. I'd say she goes pee 2-3 times a week. She gets so excited. We do a potty dance/song and she likes flushing the toilet. She is also very aware of me when I go to the bathroom. She usually cheers for me when I'm going. It's pretty funny I guess. I think I'll try and train her sometime within the next month or so...we'll see...
SHE CAN COUNT! She still has no real concept of actually counting things, but she can say the numbers 1-12. We are still working on ABCs...she now says 'U' instead of me. She still laughs when I say 'W." I need to start working on getting her to associate the sounds with the actual letters I suppose.
Showing me how old her is with her fingers.
Her eating is pretty much the same. No meat. Lotsa dairy (but I am switching her her to 1% milk now) and fruit. She still gobbles down Casey's breadsticks. She loves ice cream (of course). She loves dipping her fries into ketchup.
She still naps once a day and sleeps from about 8:30pm until 7:30am.
No new teeth...that I know of. She went to the dentist with me when I had my appointment...but wouldn't open her mouth for any of us to see. :)
I think she was 'counting' her gold fish crackers.
She gets embarrassed when she falls or trips (sometimes) if we aren't at home. She freezes and puts her head down. It's kinda funny really (well, not to her). Also, if she does actually does get hurt, her first reaction is to yell, "NO! NO! NO!"
When she is angry at me she runs into her room and slams the door. *sigh* Already?!
I feel like I am forgetting something. I wasn't as mindful about keeping notes for her update this month.
Oh, and I won't be tracking her with pictures monthly anymore...I think I'll be moving to quarterly updates. I know you're sad about that. Haha!
Deep in thought...
No comments:
Post a Comment