12.05.2012

Christmas Tree Adventure

Our Christmas Tree Adventure of 2012 goes like this.

We drive out to our favorite tree farm (Trees and Traditions in LeClaire) Monday of last week. They're closed! What?! Bummer...we should have called. So...we plan to go Wednesday of last week. I called ahead this time and know they close at 5pm. Due to our timing and traffic...we end up arriving at 4:57pm. We have 3 minutes to pick out and cut down our tree. Also...it's pretty dark out.

We promised the owners we'd be quick and we head out hoping for the best.


We can't be too choosy...and we can hardly see. Josh was so HAPPY during this picture. Can't you tell?! :)


On to the sawing.

Of course Madison wants to 'help.'

I love this picture of my two loves watering our tree. M thought it was so funny that we were bringing a tree into our house!


It took a while for me to finally get the tree decorated. This year I was happy to add some of my favorite childhood ornaments that my Dad brought over. (Some year I should take pictures of all my favorite ornaments for a blog post. Someone please remind me of this.)

(This picture reminds me that I need to update our photos on the wall, too! They are over a year old!!!)

Madison does a great job of just looking at our tree and hasn't really destroyed any ornaments (yet). She loves playing with the interactive train ornament and stealing the candy canes (just to open them...not eat them...silly girl).

We really do love cutting down our own tree every year! It's such a fun family tradition. Hopefully next year we'll have more than 3 minutes and can enjoy ourselves a bit more though! Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment