6.11.2011

Patio Update

Ok, people. I know you've been on the edge of your seats waiting for this update. :)

Josh worked with our good friend, Ryan, a couple days during the week last week lay a bit more of the pavers.

Here they are leveling the sand.

Anyways, they ended up laying almost that whole quadrant that evening. I don't have a picture because I apparently became sidetracked and obviously thought a picture of Madison and me was more important.


Anyways, the work resumed last Sunday...when it was like 100 degrees out. Our other good friend, Rick (Ryan's brother) joined in. And, my Dad pitched in, too.

Ryan showed up a bit later. (Notice my Dad on the right...what a great supervisor!)


Almost done! Josh was just cutting the last few pieces of stone to finish up. (Again, notice my Dad...supervising again.)

All done! I felt really bad for the guys all day Sunday out in that heat. But, I did what any good wife would do...stayed inside in the air conditioning...hung out with Lindsay (Rick's wife) and made sure the guys stayed hydrated.

M and me on the finished patio!

Monday afternoon...my Dad returns to supervise. :) Josh began by tamping it...I think that thing just shakes the stone and levels them out or something...I'm sure Josh explained it to me at some point.

Dad then helped dump the special sand stuff while Josh swept it into all the cracks. Then, they just had to get it hose it down and get it wet, let it dry, re-wet, let dry, etc. for a few rounds...the sand stuff then kinda hardens...again, some process I'm sure Josh explained to me at some point.

A close up of the finished patio!

**We could not have done all this without the help of our friends and family. We are really thankful...especially since they helped in 100 degree weather last weekend! We know we are so fortunate to have great family and friends...they didn't even complain one bit! :)**

Still, we are not done. Again, by "we" I mean, Josh. :)

The fire pit has to be built and the yard has to be cleaned up. But, we're pretty happy with the progress so far!

3 comments:

  1. Looks AMAZING Meg! Good work fellas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing we were supervising from inside the air conditioned house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good!! Want it featured on decorandthedog when you are closer to done??? Seriously.

    And seriously. We need to get together. Our next few week-ends are starting to slow down. Let me know if you are around!

    ReplyDelete