6.15.2011

Ten Months

Our baby girl turned ten months on Monday...TEN! I did take her picture Monday, but was not able to get to this post until today because we've been busy, busy, busy. I really made it a priority to get this post up today though because she's been doing SO many new things that I don't want to forget!

I'm not even sure where to begin...well, pictures first of course!

I'm not sure when her fear of her Pooh Bear developed. But, she was not happy sharing the chair with him. I even gave her her brush, which she normally loves, to try and bribe her to be happy.
,

And, like any good Mom, I snapped her picture BEFORE consoling her and taking away the evil Pooh Bear.

Ok, onto some updates.

Madison has been standing and balancing on her own for a couple weeks now. She's pretty steady, and can stand for 30 seconds or so I'd guess. Just this last week she's learned she can get on all fours, and bring herself to a standing position without pulling up on anything! She's done that a few times now. She has taken a tiny step from the couch to Daddy once. And, I really think she'll be walking by her next monthly post. It's hard to get pictures of this girl these days. Especially when she is standing. Once she sees me and the camera, she plops down on her little bottom and crawls to me to try and get the camera.

Just last weekend she started really waving a bit more regularly. She still gives high fives to everyone though.

Just the past couple days she's been much more cuddly and lovey giving hugs and big open mouth sloppy kisses. This is the BEST!!!

Anyways, after the morning's picture torture session, I tried again...without Pooh, and this was the best picture I got.

Madison is still nursing 4 times a day, and eating 3 solid meals a day. She's pretty good with her sippy cup and self-feeding. I'm still feeding her some purees, but am trying table food with her here and there. I actually tried a couple different stage 2 and 3 baby foods, and she gagged, like a lot...so I think I'm just going to keep letting her try table foods. If she doesn't like something, she'll throw it on the floor. The doggies love her at meal times.

Some new foods she's had this past month are:
yogurt
cottage cheese
cheese
cheerios
mac n cheese
pizza crust
chocolate ice cream (of course - Josh was the reason for this, and of course she loves it!)
french fries
cheese quesadilla
watermelon (she did not like)
ground beef (she did not like)
chicken (she ate if a tiny piece was mixed in with her mac n cheese)
sucker (again, this was Josh, not me. Yes, I'm a fun-hater.)

She LOVES opening drawers and cabinets and pulling EVERYTHING out and creating huge messes. I can't wait until she learns how to put things away. :) I have a video of her pulling off all her books that I'll have to post sometime.

She clearly says "Mom" and "Ma Ma" now...although, she says them kind of randomly, like she says, "Mom," all the time when she's eating or about to eat. Sometimes she'll repeat them if I say them, sometimes not. I'm pretty sure she doesn't connect them to me, but I still LOVE hearing it. I keep working on "Da Da."

She kind of sings and does a little bounce dance or will wave her arms when Josh sings to her.

She still only has her two middle bottom teeth, and no signs of any new ones. I feel like I've been saying that for forever.

She's kinda got a temper. :) I think that's from me. Josh seems to think so anyways. :) She doesn't show it often, but if she's frustrated or not getting her way she'll make a mean grunt noise and ball her fists. It's kinda cute actually.

She loves people! I think that's from Josh and Grandma Tracy. When we're out and about, she smiles at everyone and loves to interact with them.

Madison showing off her "scrunchie" face. Silly girl. Apparently she decided to share her chair with him at this point.

She sleeps from about 8/8:30pm until 6:30am. And she still naps twice a day. Overall, she's a good sleeper now. I'm very thankful for that.

She will make a fake cough noise if you do it first, and she also does it when she hears me sneeze.

Josh told me the other day that she's not a baby anymore, she's a toddler. It made me sad. She'll always be my baby, right?!

When she wants picked up, she will crawl to Josh and put both her arms in the air. Daddy cannot resist it...how could you?! This reminds me...I'll have to get a picture.

How ADORABLE is this picture?!

Madison is growing and learning SO much everyday it amazes me. I'm trying my best to capture what I can with pictures, video, and this blog. The little stinker doesn't hold still for her picture to be taken and clams up once the video camera is on...but I will keep at it of course!

I'm so excited that we'll be celebrating her first birthday in just 2 more months! I better start organizing!!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this post! I want to come down and see you guys so bad! ~Alli

    ReplyDelete