Today it was kinda cloudy out. And a little damp and windy. I probably should have thought of that when I decided to take her monthly photos outside for this next year of her life...oh well (should be interesting this fall and winter)!!
Here are a few pictures from this afternoon.
Looking for the dogs in the yard.
She was more interested in running around (and ditching poor Winnie) than posing for Mama.
Obviously the leaves were way more interesting than looking at me!
So, what's new with M?!
She can now open doors! Usually she's pretty good about staying out...but she has her moments when she tries to sneak in our room.
She knows where her teeth, ears, hair, feet, and belly are. She can point to them when you ask her. I'm teaching her where her nose is next.
She knows that socks and shoes go on her feet and will try and put them on or point to her feet when she sees her shoes or socks. It's super adorable.
She calls ALL 4 legged animals Dog. Today she found this cow statue in our yard and kept pointing and saying, "Dog," until I let her go and 'pet' it. :)
She still takes 2 naps a day (THANK YOU!) and is sleeping great at night. She still sleeps with her Piggy. Check back TOMORROW for Foto Friday with M and Piggy.
She is officially only nursing once a day...before bed! She has 3 meals and 1-2 snacks a day...the girl LOVES eating. She's starting to practice feeding herself with a spoon...it's messy, SO messy, but I'm trying hard to embrace it and have fun with her! She basically dips her spoon in her food and then licks off whatever she can get. We are so proud of her! When she licks her spoon she says, 'Mmmm,' really exaggerated and loud. I think she's pretty proud of herself, too. I have a video of her feeding herself that I will post soon....
She LOVES eating...you cannot eat anything around her without her "begging" from you...she will loudly say, "NUM NUM," if she sees you eating and is very persistent. I'm hoping her doing this will help me stop snacking so much everyday!
She still doesn't like meat or even meat flavored anything. I'm trying not to worry about it too much...but will be checking in with our doctor next month at her appointment.
She likes to hold my hand and 'drag' me to where she wants to go. I love it. (And, I love this picture.)
She still only has 8 teeth...no sign of any new ones.
She (in her own way) can say the following words:
Dah (for DaDa)
Dah (for DaDa)
Ball
Nigh-Nigh (for Night Night)
Dog
Nigh-Nigh (for Night Night)
Dog
Num
Ba Ba Ba (for Banana)
Hi
Ha Ha
She will NOT say MaMa or Mom. Ever. We are trying...I know she can say the 'M' sound. Actually, I know she can say Mom since she said it a LONG time ago...remember. When we ask her to say MaMa she says, Bah. So, I guess I am Bah to her. Josh thinks this is hilarious.
She LOVES people! She loves saying, 'Hiiiii-eeeee,' to anyone and everyone over and over and over. Cute to me...probably annoying to random people of the public that she targets.
She LOVES watching Blues Clues and signs with the song for Blues Clues (kinda doing jazz hands), notebook (takes her right pointer and points to the palm of her left hand), and think (points to her head). If you watch Blues Clues this will make even more sense. Note to self: I need to video tape this.
She also has SO much fun playing with Winky and Benny. Benny is surprisingly ok with her. She likes watching them play with each other, and she likes giving them toys...which is hard because they've chewed two of her toys...but because she goes up to them and basically shoves them in their mouths! Oh well. I gave the dogs some socks to play with, and she follows them around and laughs and is SO happy when they take the sock from her.
She finally LOVES her little Tykes car she got for her birthday. She was scared of it for awhile, but for whatever reason she just started playing with it earlier this week and LOVES getting in and out ALL BY HERSELF. Josh and I take turns pushing her up and down the long hallway in our basement. I actually have her on video getting in and out of the car...and will post soon!
Her hoodie is size 12 months...clearly too small...bad Mama.
There's probably more I should be adding...but this is all I got for now. My ol' laptop is slow and I'm tired...SO tired...Night!

No comments:
Post a Comment