Grandma Tracy bought Madison a super cute (and expensive) pair of Uggs for this winter a couple weeks ago.
(Awww...aren't they cute?!)
Tonight after dinner, I started picking up...and found ONE Ugg. Only ONE. I frantically searched with a super whiny Madison (who only took a 30 min. nap this afternoon) following me around.
I searched EVERY room on our upstairs level. I even searched all kitchen cupboards and drawers, the garbage, under the table...everywhere. I crawled around my whole house so I would be at her eye level. I'm pretty sure Josh enjoyed watching Madison follow me around....he was of no help...he didn't think it was a big deal since he knew "it would turn up eventually."
It was GONE. G-O-N-E. Gone.
I've always known that when I was 2 I lost a brand new Nike shoe that my parents bought me. My Dad still tells me the story ALL the time...I think he expects me to remember what I did with it. Yeah, I don't. Anyways, as I was searching all I could think about was having to tell my Dad how Madison lost an Ugg, and seeing the joy in his face that I would now fully understand how he felt about the lost Nike.
Karma. I was being punished for losing my Nike shoe 27 years ago.
After she went to bed, I did one more search. No luck. I was sad. :( I decided it was gone for now, and I was crossing my fingers that it would show up eventually. And, well...at least I'd have a good blog post, so I went to take a picture of her ONE Ugg.
And, I realized I never opened the drawer to this end table.
*sigh*
The End.

Roman lost a brand new stride rite shoe after wearing it ONCE...I thought for sure it would turn up....and it did, 9mths and 2 sizes later!
ReplyDelete