12.14.2011

16 Months

"WHOA! I'm HOW old?"
I feel the same way, little girl!

The months keep sneaking up on me now. I almost didn't realize that she was 16 months on Tuesday until someone asked me how old she was on Monday. Whoa...I had to say, "She'll be 16 months tomorrow."

She was in a great mood yesterday for her photos. It probably had to do with the fact that I let her run around outside and play. The girl loves running and playing outside.

Our very first photo. Proof she can follow directions. I let her explore for a few minutes while I set up Winnie and her sign. Then I simply asked her, "Madison, will you go and sit by Winnie so Mommy can take your picture, please." And by golly...she did exactly that. She does look a bit irritated that I interrupted her play, but oh well.

This was her reaction when I said, "Thanks, baby! Now you can get up and play!"

"Hey, what's this sign say?"

I was chasing her here. She LOVES being chased and chasing people.

The blurry stick down in the lower left was what she was smiling about since I was shaking it.

Ok...now on to some updates.

Our biggest news is probably that M is NOT nursing anymore! She had a bad cold the week after Thanksgiving...and wasn't interested in nursing before bed as much since she was congested, so one night I just skipped it and put her to bed and that was that! She never even seemed bothered by it. I don't even give her milk or water right before bed (didn't want to create another habit to break if I could avoid it). So, her bedtime routine now is just lotion, books, jammies, hugs & kisses, and bed!

She still doesn't like meat...so her diet hasn't changed too much. Her favorite food group is definitely fruit. She loves raspberries and blueberries. She's not as obsessed with Goldfish anymore. She also loves Nilla Wafers.

She can successfully use a fork and spoon. Although she's still pretty messy.

She is still napping twice a day. But, I've been thinking about considering dropping her one a day. I'm hoping I can hold off for a few more months yet. However, she just boycotted her morning nap today...so...who knows?!

No new teeth...STILL only her front 8.

She's around 26 lbs. and 32.5 inches tall. She's in 18 mo. and getting into 24 mo./2T clothes. She is in the 98th percentile for height and 95th percentile for weight.

She is great at following directions, such as putting things where I ask her or retrieving things. She knows many objects and enjoys pointing out things to me in her picture books and with her flashcards.

She loves her two kitties we have out in the shop now.

I'm fairly certain her favorite part of the day (besides meal times!) is the start of her bedtime routine which includes some fun play/"rough-housing" with her Daddy on our bed. She's one wild girl at night!

She has figured out how to go down stairs and get off the couches safely (rolling to her belly to go down feet first).

New words this month are, "Daisy," and "Daaaave." My Dad told her to call him Dave (kind of as a joke since she is no where near saying grandpa). Although she now gets "Daisy" and "Daaave" mixed up sometimes. I told Dad that he's gonna have to accept being called "Daisy!" :) She learned Daisy from watching The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She loves that show.

She also says, "no," a lot, although I'm not sure if she means it all the time she says it. I'll ask her if she wants something and she'll say no and then take it anyways. Josh says that's just part of being a girl and being confusing! Oh, Josh!

Other words she says (documenting this for my sake):
Ba -for Banana
Ba - for Mama - she calls me Ba a lot...not sure why!
Daddy
Kitty
Dog
Hi
Cheese
Ha Ha
Ow
Mom
Mou - for Mouse and Mouth
Ni-Ni - Night
Baa - when asked what a sheep says
Neigh - when asked what a horse says
Shhhh - while putting her finger to her lips
Num
Ball

Not sure what else to update on...so, I'll end with another picture.

Our beautiful girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment