The weekend before Christmas we took M on her very first overnight road trip up to St. Michael, MN to visit family.
*To say I was anxious about how M would travel and sleep in a new place is an understatement.* I'm pretty sure my good friend, Laura, and Josh, and anyone else who'd listen to me were pretty tired of me talking about it the week leading up to the trip.
However, she did AWESOME! :) And, I was soooo glad. She slept well and behaved very well. We had a fantastic time and our hosts, The Fuerstenberg's were super welcoming and very accommodating! M had her own room with a pac-n-play (she took over our 14 yr. old cousin's video game room...THANKS, Cam!), and I brought her sound machine and video monitor to set up.
We left around 5 in the morning on Friday so she'd sleep for at least half of the 6 hour drive. After she woke up around 8am, we stopped for a break, then Josh fed her breakfast in van and we kept on driving.
M enjoying a movie in the van.
We stopped one more time at a Super Target right outside of Mpls because she was getting antsy again (and because I forgot diapers...geesh!). We finally arrived around noon!
We spent Friday and Saturday with the family just visiting, laughing, baking, and letting the kids play. And, we headed back home Sunday. Here's just a few pictures from the weekend.
M playing with Kendyl, Matthew, Lexy, Kiera, and Dominic.
Checking out her 3 month old baby cousin, Kinley.
Oooh...and special treat from Daddy...a sucker...her favorite messy treat. (I warned him what was going to happen once she started touching it and making a mess....)
And, this is what happens when you take it away because she's too sticky and needs her face and hands wiped.

And, play time with a baby doll. I hate baby dolls. She apparently loves them.
And, she also attended her first hockey game and had fun watching her cousin, Lexy play.
We had SOOOO much fun! Can't wait to visit again...probably in July for Shirley and John's Annual 4th of July pool party!
Where will we travel next? Who knows?!

No comments:
Post a Comment