Thankfully, my good friend, Laura, reminded me that today was the 13th when I was on the phone with her. Otherwise, I totally would have forgot...and so far, I've managed to take every photo for her monthly updates on the actual day. Thanks, Laura! :)
Ok...onto some updates about our "baby" girl!
The biggest change in our lives this last month has been the transition to only one afternoon nap a day! She transitioned fairly easily really. And, she now goes down around 1:15pm and sleeps for an hour to 2 hours a day.
Going to a one nap schedule has led to more outings and activities in the mornings!
We are just finishing up our Toddler Mommy and Me Music Class. It is a LOT of fun...and I think it's been a great opportunity for M to be social and be in a "classroom" setting following directions and interacting with other toddlers. We participate in circle time, parachute play, and of course music and movement. I'm so thankful I reconnected with an old friend on FB who invited us to enroll with her and her son. I don't have any pictures (because I wasn't sure how other parents would feel)...but I might try and get a group picture next Monday.
We also joined Stroller Strides! I Love it! Although on most days Madison is in her stroller for the majority of the one hour class...some days she's allowed to run free in the gym and interact and play with the other kiddos...and the best part is...I'm finally exercising!!!
Both of these activities have been wonderful for Madison to learn to be social with other toddlers and wonderful for me to get out a bit more and meet some new friends and local Mamas!
Ok...that was a lot of writing. Let's get to the pictures from earlier today!
Happy 18 months, Madison!!!
"Bye, Mom! Time to play!"
She finally hugged Winnie when I told her he was sad.
And some final random updates...
Height and Weight:
Really not sure of her exact measurements. I think she's around 27 lbs. She's in size 4 diapers. Size 24 mo. clothes are probably best for her now. Size 5 shoes seem to be ok still. Her size 18 month clothes still fit...but is getting snug and/or too short. Some size 2T will fit her...but some 2T is still too tight.
Really not sure of her exact measurements. I think she's around 27 lbs. She's in size 4 diapers. Size 24 mo. clothes are probably best for her now. Size 5 shoes seem to be ok still. Her size 18 month clothes still fit...but is getting snug and/or too short. Some size 2T will fit her...but some 2T is still too tight.
Teeth:
She is getting a molar on each side on both the top and bottom...so she's added 4 new teeth this last month (finally). We've been SO luck that teething for M has been pretty smooth...mostly just a bit of drooling and chewing on her fingers.
She is getting a molar on each side on both the top and bottom...so she's added 4 new teeth this last month (finally). We've been SO luck that teething for M has been pretty smooth...mostly just a bit of drooling and chewing on her fingers.
New Words:
Uh oh - says this all the time if she drops something or if something is out of place in her opinion.
No - says this all the time...to me especially! Haha!
Bye - her new favorite word!
Shoes
Unc (for Uncle)
Some of these words are probably only words I understand! Haha! Oh, and she has stopped saying "hi" as much for some reason.
Meal Time:
She is able to feed herself fairly well with a spoon and fork now! And, she would much rather feed herself. So meal times are messy. So messy.
She loves fruits! But, I am having a hard time getting her to eat or try any new foods. She doesn't eat any meat. She rarely seems interested in trying bites of any of our table food. Her diet and meal times tend to totally stress me out on almost a daily basis. I'll probably be doing a full post on this sometime soon...
Other Fun Stuff:
She loves to hug and pats your back or shoulder when she hugs you. She will always run to me when she hears the "I Love You" Barney song to hug and kiss me. Melts my heart every single time! I never thought I'd love Barney like I do now! Oh, and if she wants to hug you, but you are not near her, she will hold her arm out and lay her head on her shoulder...it's way of sending hugs to you! So sweet!
She finally can blow a kiss!
She is CLIMBING on everything!!! Enough said.
She is obsessed with pens and pads of paper. I have to hid ink pens from her. She'll color with crayons for a bit...but a pen will keep her attention so much longer!
Tantrums! She really only has them once in a while. Sometimes it's actually funny...sometimes, it's definitely not.
She tries to say her name...but can only say, "Maaa." She will point to herself if you ask her where is Madison? She is also able to point out other people's body parts (eyes, ears, etc.) and on her stuffed animals.
Every night we read books before bed. It is my favorite time of day. She loves the Little Critter books. Her favorites are, I Was So Mad, All By Myself, When I Get Bigger, and Just Go To Bed.
Wow...this is SO long! Thanks for reading if you've hung in there for the whole post! Whew!
Oh, and Happy Valentine's Day (tomorrow)! Our Valentine's Day post will come later this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment