2.15.2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Normally I am somewhat anti-Valentine's Day. I typically think flowers are a waste of money...although I can't say I don't enjoy getting them! ;) And, I honestly think everyday is an opportunity to tell the ones you love that you love them. Right?!

What I really mean is, I don't expect a lot of fuss over V-Day...and in return, I don't have to plan anything either!!! Ah, the truth comes out...hey...I'm just being honest!

So, this year, Josh let it slip late last week that he had gotten a gift for M and I...and I was SUPER EXCITED and bummed at the same time...usually we don't do much to celebrate which gets me off the hook for doing anything extra special for Josh. (I'm a good wife...right?!)

We decided to celebrate on Monday since Josh was working from home. Anyone who knows Josh knows he cannot keep secrets and usually likes to give gifts early! So, even though the gift arrived late last week, I managed to hold him off of giving it to me until Monday...at least he was still one day early!

Why am I being so wordy in these posts all the sudden! Long story short...he surprised M and me with a Kindle Fire!!! :) I was SO SURPRISED and equally appreciative! I decided to make him dinner and dessert...he chose fish and puppy chow. Yum?!

So, let's just get to the pictures, shall we? They'll explain most of our day(s) anyways!

Part of the card says, "You are the "Fire" in the my heart." He was pretty proud of his creativeness. :)

Enjoying a yummy Valentine's sugar cookie for her snack!

Opening her card from G'ma Tracy.

Josh enjoying his dinner. The only thing I really prepared was the fish...the rice came from a box, and the asparagus was frozen...


On Tuesday, Josh had to work all day. Here's M making a card for Daddy!

Kisses for her new Minnie lovey. I had to get this for her at the store today because she picked her off the shelf and just kept hugging her...I'm such a softie.


So...for me typically being anti-Valentine's Day...I sure had a great 2-day celebration! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment