2.19.2013

Minne-SODA: Family, Friends, & Fun! - Part Two

Part two: FRIEND FUN!

During the week, we stayed at our friend's, The Willms', house. I met Laura at UNI (I was her RA) and we've been friends ever since. Gosh...I think we've known each other since 2002 then?! Over 10 years!!! Anyways, she has twins that turn 2 at the end of February. We had SO much fun with BABY Kate and BABY Matt and all our friends!

Side Note: I had to call them BABIES because M was a little rough with them and pushed them down a LOT the first couple days we spent together. I think M pushed all of them or stole their toys at some point of this trip. Oh, and she also threw a toy that just happened to land on baby Lydia's face. So yeah...she made all of the kids cry at some point.

Ok...now for the pictures.

Matthew and M playing at the kitchen set later on Sunday after we had arrived.

On Monday we went to music class with the Willms and the Allens.
M and the Allen girls share the same hair! :)

Three adults and 5 toddlers out to dinner after music class.

On Tuesday we went to an Open Gym. M loved it! Here she is (im)patiently waiting on Kate.

Swingin'.

In the foam pit.

Being so careful on the beam.

On Wednesday we ventured to the Mall of America because I really wanted to take her to The Disney Store. We both loved it!



We also went to IKEA to get some storage stuff for the Willms. M enjoyed the cart ride.

M and Matt playing.


Kate-Kate (my nickname for her) and Me!

Wednesday evening we went to The Allens' for the dinner. The kids were wild...but had fun!

5 Toddlers! Run while you can!


(Picture from Rachel)


Thursday morning we attended a super fun music class at the library. M and Kate were pretending to nap (part of the song). How cute are their matching outfits!?! (Thanks, Laura!) 

Rhythm sticks!

Fun, fun, fun!


After music class M and I headed back to the Mall of America. M really loved the mall. She oohed and aahed at all the lights and fun stores. We spent a couple hours just her and me before heading back to our cousin's house.

Of course she got a Vikings hat.

And I couldn't let her leave MN without having a smoothie from Jamba Juice! 

After our short stay at our cousin's for a couple more nights, we headed out to lunch with our friends, Mark and Allison Pitts and their new baby girl, Lydia on Saturday. After a delicious lunch at Pei Wei (we miss that place so much!), we went back to their house to visit for a bit. M loved holding Lydia.

Then...it was back to the Willms' for a bit. M and Kate were happy to be reunited!

Finally, we all gathered back at the Allens' for pizza and conversation. I didn't take any pictures...so I'm so grateful my friend Rachel had her camera handy and shared these next few pics with me. Thanks, Rach!

The Dads and the Kids.
Madison, Josh, Matthew, Kevin, Katherine, Julia, Steven, Fiona, Mark, & Lydia.

Love this picture! :) Me, Laura, Rachel, and Allison.

We left early Sunday to head home. We stopped in Cedar Falls for lunch at Pepper's!!!!


We had SO SO SO much FUN with The Willms, The Pitts, and The Allens while we were in MN. The last time we were all together was in 2008, and since then we've all become parents and have added 7 children to the mix! I truly appreciate all the hospitality from them as they welcomed us all into their homes. We are so thankful for friends like all of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment