3.25.2013

"ALL MY SELF"

"I do this ALL MY SELF."

I hear this a bajillion times a day.

Things she can do (some she's been doing for a while):
Put on her socks (sometimes I still have to rotate them to get the heel in the right place)
Take off shoes and put them on her shelf in the foyer
Unzip and take off her coat
Put on her undies
Put on her pants (if they are elastic and I lay them out)
Climb into our van and get into her car-seat
Wash her hands (she does fairly well at scrubbing and rinsing)
Knows how/where to put her dirty clothes in her hamper

Things she's working on:
Buttons
Putting on shoes
Zipping up her coat
I must have waited about 5 minutes while she kept trying to get it before she finally relented and let me help. I need to get some type of practice zipper or something.

Of course I'm probably missing some tasks from each list...these were just things I thought of off the top of my head. It really is amazing everything she's learning. And it's a great lesson/reminder to me about being patient. I talk to her all the time about waiting and learning to be patient...when I need to do the same while she's learning these tasks. I sometimes get frustrated because she takes so long, but I need to be more accepting of her learning process. I have learned to have her start putting on her socks and pants about 10 minutes before I actually need her to be ready! LOL!

Oh...she also apparently knows how to cut tags off of new clothes. I found her in my kitchen, standing on a chair, cutting this tag off. Ugh! I was SO thankful she didn't cut the new dress!

P.S. The scissons have been moved to an even higher location unknown to M.

No comments:

Post a Comment