'NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!'
Madison screamed this in my face at HyVee on Sunday.
I believe this was her response when I told her she could not shred the HyVee ad while in the store. She'd have to wait until we were in the car.
So, I told her that screaming in my face was not acceptable, and I asked her to apologize to me.
She avoided eye-contact with me, and turned away as best she could in the cart - refusing to apologize.
And so she ended up here.
Time out in the corner at HyVee.
I kinda sorta feel bad for her now looking at this picture. But at the time...I did not feel bad at all.
She's in time-out a lot these days. It's tough...but I really hope she is learning there are consequences for not listening to her Mommy and for being defiant.
Through all my frustration (and exhaustion), I try and remind myself that yes...she's 2. Just 2. She's learning so many things everyday of her life. She's dealing with her emotions, learning to express herself, testing boundaries, and enjoying her independence. I know she's just the typical 2 year old...but dang...it sure is rough sometimes!
She's either SUPER SUPER HAPPY and lots of FUN...or GRUMPY and NO FUN at all.
Josh says she's just like her mother.
Hmmm.

That Josh is a sweet guy. Kids sound....fun? ;)
ReplyDelete:-P Your own kid is way more fun than someone else's...I'll tell you that! :) LOL
DeleteI feel ya, it's tough at times! I read this article the other day. It helped me understand the 2 year old psychology a little better!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/the_kids/2013/02/why_does_my_kid_freak_out_the_science_behind_toddler_tantrums.html
Thanks for the link, Jenna. The title of the article alone cracked me up!
Delete